584,802 active members*
4,995 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Need help with your Fadal?
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: I need help, please call me

Sir,

Shoot me an email with the problems you are having and very likely we can help. [email protected].

FadalCNC.com Tech Support

Re: Need help with your Fadal?

Sir,

This alarm has to do with your spindle Hall effect sensor and your spindle pulley magnet. If the control doesn't read the Hall switch in 3 sec, then the control assumes the machine's spindle is not turning. Go into your DI/DS screen and see if the orientation sensor is making or turning to a one when the magnet and switch are in line. Clean the switch and make sure your switch is about .05" above the pulley. Clean your pulley. You will not see the change in the orientation bit by spinning the spindle. It doesn't process the signal fast enough to register when moving. You must identify the magnet in the pulley and line it up with the Hall switch and see if the orientation switch changes to a one.

If so, check your belts and make sure they are tight and not spinning on the motor pulley. If not, make sure your connectors in the head are clean and tight. Unplug them, clean and plug them back in. If still not working, replace the Hall switch. The part number is ELE-2064 and in stock at FadalCNC.com. Let me know how this turns out and I will continue to help until we nail it.

Hello, I am a machine tool technology instructor at a high school. I took the job last year at 20k per year pay cut. I’m basically starting scratch my shop was piled chest high in junk. Once I got it cleaned out. I found most the machines were trashed. But a company gave me a 2005 fadal15xt it has a mp controller and is in good shape. I’m here trying to learn more about it. I’ve never ran a fadal mainly haas mazak and centroid. I’m trying to learn some about it while we’re on fall break I don’t know if it’s a 32mp or Cnc88 or 88hs. All I know it’s the mp with out the silver plate around the controller and it has a blue color screen. I desperately need tool holders andto be able to up load via usb. But with a 200 a year budget that can only be spent at office max. I don’t know how I will do it. I have a picture of the controller but that doesn’t tell me if it’s 32 or 88 or HS

Quote Originally Posted by ASIGuy View Post
    It always good to get a second opinion on issues with Fadal machines, but keep in mind that FadalCNC.com has provided free tech support free since 2003. We still work on machines all over the world and have the capability for laser calibration and ballbar analysis if you need calibration. We don't just sell parts, we provide full service support. Phone, Live Chat and email. You are always welcome to get the parts and help you need to get back up and running.

I had a problem with a 4020, I talked to somebody at Fadalcnc asking for advice, I asked twice and gave contact details and was awaiting a call (twice), nobody ever called. And I have spent $'s with you.

I thought it might have been a PS issue, but turned out to be bad battery, luckily I was able to figure that out myself, although if somebody knowledgeable had returned my calls I might have saved some time. No big deal, I know who to ask now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydelott View Post
    I desperately need tool holders andto be able to up load via usb.
    Calmotion make a USB "paper tape" writer/reader that should work for what you want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Aydelott View Post
    I desperately need tool holders andto be able to up load via usb.
    Calmotion make a USB "paper tape" writer/reader that should work for what you want to do

Sir, first of all, thank you so much for your general help.

I've got a 4-axis Fadal VMC 6030HT. I've been having problems with the 4th axis. If I work with 3-axis, everything is good.

So I make the program in MasterCAM and it looks ok. But when I send the G-code, the Fadal makes differents actions such us I program to turn clockwise, but it turns counter-clockwise.

Also I've tried working with other software as SolidWorks, but there's the same problem.

Some technicians told me that it's a problem with the posprocessor, but I haven't found anyone for this machine.

Hi jess 525. Im getting alarm # 9

The spindle is not turning by command. Its free by hand though.
    I had a look at the sensor on the pulley and its not changing the 0 to a 1 on the di ds.

How do i test the switch with a test meter when its off the machine.

Kind regards
    Gregory Leeson
    Email is [email protected]

Hi Gregory,
    I just found this post of yours about alarm #9 because I got that alarm tonight. What did you need to do to fix it?

Ken

Page 3 of 3 123