585,997 active members*
5,150 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc 31i - model A5

does anyone know how to set the counters on this type of controller? I have followed all instructions in the manual but when the counter reaches the set value the robodrill / controller just continues? totally ignoring the set values

thanx
    anilam

What counters are they?

Some can only be set in the PMC.
    The Fanuc Support Center Team
    www.fanuc-support.com

Quote Originally Posted by fanuc-support.c View Post
    What counters are they?

Some can only be set in the PMC.
    I'm talking about the part counters.

there is 1 under "settings" and 1 under "quick nc"

I'm unable to get either of them to work. I get them to count using "m30" as a trigger! but when they reach the pre set value the robodrill carries on. theres no alarms - no messages - no nothing

on the other fanuc controller the series oi - tc when I set 5000 parts it stops at 5000 and displays a message "counter up" I'm sure the 31i -A5 can do it to?

any ideas?

Have you missed EOB with M30?

If nothing works, you can always add a conditional statement to stop the repeated execution.

Sorry, dived in a bit then. There should be an m code to act as a pulse for this.

If param 6700#0 = 0: M02, or M30
    = 1: Only M code specified by parameter No.6710

Or it might not be set in the PMC.

You can use macro b, #3901=#3901+1 this will count it up, put it at the end of your program.

To check it, IF[#3902EQ#3901]THEN #3000=1(PARTS COMPLETE);

On thing to be aware of,Fanuc wrote the whole of the front end (what you see on the screen) for the Robodrill in macro ex. Therefore it is likely to be quite different to a normal fanuc control.
    The Fanuc Support Center Team
    www.fanuc-support.com

Quote Originally Posted by sinha_nsit View Post
    Have you missed EOB with M30?

If nothing works, you can always add a conditional statement to stop the repeated execution.
    yes the EOB r all there.

if u go into the "quick nc" function u can allocate M02 or M30 to trigger the counter.

if u go into the "settings" u can only fill in "parts required" and then zero the part counter.

using either method I still don't get it to stop or display any messages.

Sorry, dived in a bit then. There should be an m code to act as a pulse for this.

You can use macro b, #3901=#3901+1 this will count it up, put it at the end of your program.

On thing to be aware of,Fanuc wrote the whole of the front end (what you see on the screen) for the Robodrill in macro ex. Therefore it is likely to be quite different to a normal fanuc control.
    sorry my post was delayed - great thanks will get the techie to check it out. I don't know how to access the parameters.

One more thing I want to ask and that is when I have ran a pgm and then load a different pgm for some reason it does not pick up a G01 feed. it just rams straight into the job I have had to switch off the robodrill then switch on again to avoid this problem. I think its got something to do with the way my post outputs the pgm.

here is an extract of pgm:

%
    O0001(CAMBOLT WITH 3mm SLOTS ONLY)
    G0G49G90G40G17G80
    M8
    G54
    T3M6
    G0G43Z100.0H3
    S4200M3
    G0X-112.5Y26.0(SLOT1)
    G0Z5.0
    N1G01Z-9.8F5000.0
    G01Z-18.0F130.0
    G0Z-9.8
    G0Y25.8

the line N1 is were it supposed to pick up the G01 but it does not? any ideas?

regards
    anilam

Reduce feed. F5000 is too large.

Reduce feed. F5000 is too large.
    no that's not it. it does not read the G01 at all, so it starts cutting at RAPID eg. G0!

no matter what the G01 feed is? the next line is set at G01 F130.0 it does this at G0!! and carries on through the whole pgm like that. only after I switch off & reboot the robodrill does it read a G01 code?

Dry run mode???

Instead of G01 try just "G1". Also with a F of 5000.00 if your metric that is 196ipm but if your not than that value is basically rapid.

He wants to cut at light speed!

Hi I just thought I might elaborate a bit

As per the photo the parameter 6713, which is your total part required count as set in the settings page
    the PMC (LADDER) has to have been written to include the function to stop when the count is reached.

I would expect this to be probably written into the PMC but possibly turned off by either a keep relay or a operator switch. Just a thought.

to check you would need to access the ladder and search for address F62.7
    this will help trace the cause.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6713.JPG  
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

Quote Originally Posted by lghtspeed View Post
    Instead of G01 try just "G1". Also with a F of 5000.00 if your metric that is 196ipm but if your not than that value is basically rapid.
    guys I'm not cutting at F5000.0. I rapid down to G0Z5.0 - then from there I drop down to G1Z-9.8F5000.0.

NOW I start my cutting down to G1Z-18.0F130.0. even so it still ignore's the G1 codes completely and RAPIDS (G0) into the job! Remember the robodrill rapids at 50m/min!!! 5000mm/min - is hardly breaking a sweat, some of my smaller cavity work I finish at feeds between 8000 - 11000mm/min.

the problem goes away when I reboot the machine? now it reads ALL G1 codes. I have tried G00 and G0 - G1 and G01 - makes no difference.

there's something wrong with the pgm format that's causing it? as it happens on all pgm I run.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticMonkey View Post
    Hi I just thought I might elaborate a bit

As per the photo the parameter 6713, which is your total part required count as set in the settings page
    the PMC (LADDER) has to have been written to include the function to stop when the count is reached.

I would expect this to be probably written into the PMC but possibly turned off by either a keep relay or a operator switch. Just a thought.

to check you would need to access the ladder and search for address F62.7
    this will help trace the cause.
    thanx MysticMonkey I will look into it.

Just to eliminate the possibility of execution in dry run mode, set dry run feedrate to a low value such as 6, meaning 6 mm/min or 0.6 inch/min. This can be done through a parameter. On 0i, it is 1410.

Just to eliminate the possibility of execution in dry run mode, set dry run feedrate to a low value such as 6, meaning 6 mm/min or 0.6 inch/min. This can be done through a parameter. On 0i, it is 1410.
    thanx I will take a look, although the "dry run" button on the control panel is off
    its a good idea to set it slow.