584,837 active members*
5,380 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam University
Page 1 of 2 12

Hybrid View

Mastercam University

I was interested in doing the Mastercam University. I have contacted my sales rep Cimquest via email twice now and have gotten nothing for a response. I am at least very dissapointed that I havent even gotten a response. I would think that they would want to push this as a learning tool to learn at your own pace. I guess i will stick to the learning tutorials books and learning by trial and error. I like using Mastercam but if i cant get information on buying a new learning tool than why bother staying with them.Just a few of my thoughts.

Do you want to take the MC U still? if so send me an email.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

hi i been having the same problem with my rep
    i was hoping u can help me ?

Re: Mastercam University

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Do you want to take the MC U still? if so send me an email.

Hi, I'm very interested and looking to enroll in Mastercam U. I have CNC machining experience including programming at the control but not a lot of CAD/CAM experience. Is Mastercam U a good place to start? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    P.S. - I'm also curious about Fusion 360.

Best regards,
    Branden

Quote Originally Posted by tnosmelc View Post
    Hi, I'm very interested and looking to enroll in Mastercam U. I have CNC machining experience including programming at the control but not a lot of CAD/CAM experience. Is Mastercam U a good place to start? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    P.S. - I'm also curious about Fusion 360.

Best regards,
    Branden
    If you want to take Mastercam u you need to contact your local Mastercam dealer to sign up.
    We are about to release new training with Mastercam 2018.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

If you want to take Mastercam u you need to contact your local Mastercam dealer to sign up.
    We are about to release new training with Mastercam 2018.
    I'm waiting to hear back from them. Do you think it's worth the $? Or would you recommend I get started with something like eapprentice.net? With eapprentice.net do you have access to the software or just the training videos?
    What are your thoughts on Mastercam vs. Fusion 360? I've the machining knowledge but want to advance my career on the programming side. I think there are more shops using Mastercam than 360, so if I was looking to transition into a programming position, which I am, Mastercam would be more beneficial in that regard? However, you can get 360 basic for $300/annually and it seems to be a good place to start, I think. Thanks for the insight.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrewman View Post
    I was interested in doing the Mastercam University. I have contacted my sales rep Cimquest via email twice now and have gotten nothing for a response. I am at least very dissapointed that I havent even gotten a response. I would think that they would want to push this as a learning tool to learn at your own pace. I guess i will stick to the learning tutorials books and learning by trial and error. I like using Mastercam but if i cant get information on buying a new learning tool than why bother staying with them.Just a few of my thoughts.
    Just stick to the books and cd's. Why waste any money on schooling. If you want to learn it, you will learn it. That's just my opinion that all these cad/cam program online schools and walk in schools are a joke. If there school is half as bad as their tech support why bother. Save your money.

If you want to learn it, you will learn it.
    I agree 100%

all these cad/cam program online schools and walk in schools are a joke.
    Now I fully disagree as a teacher of MC at the collages and my home business. You would be surprised what I will teach you as I am a user over 20 years and all the products.

But you are correct these is not with all who teach. I have had to retrain many of teachers as they lack the time and knowledge. It also makes a difference by the how you learn. some it is by book or reading some by video and some by class with hands on.

I know that I have seen all types of people as I have trained over the last 10 years Hundreds of people to use the software.

review and see what works for you.
    Cadcam

I agree 100%

Now I fully disagree as a teacher of MC at the collages and my home business. You would be surprised what I will teach you as I am a user over 20 years and all the products.

But you are correct these is not with all who teach. I have had to retrain many of teachers as they lack the time and knowledge. It also makes a difference by the how you learn. some it is by book or reading some by video and some by class with hands on.

I know that I have seen all types of people as I have trained over the last 10 years Hundreds of people to use the software.

review and see what works for you.
    Amazing, the first teacher on here that has'nt called me a @$$hole yet for my opinion. Probabley because your a actual teacher and the rest of them are just salesmen. I myself just studied and studied and experimented and got good, but I was a machinist before I started playing with cnc's 20 years ago. I love what I do and thats what it takes to really get into it, learn and come up with new ways of doing things. I don't know you from atoms, but your attitude I like.

Amazing, the first teacher on here that has'nt called me a @$$hole yet for my opinion.
    Why should I because you gave your opinion... I am also a salesmen of MC to and I am a shop Manager for shop. I also contract program sense 1994. I agree with the knowing of Machining before learning and CAD-CAM system and it does help to be a good operator of CNC's to.

(I don't know you from atoms, but your attitude I like.) All good and thanks
    Talk again soon. Hats off to school of Hard knocks.
    Cadcam

I am a journeyman machinist and operate and set up multi axis lathes for the past four years. Befpre the cncs i did alot of manual machining during my apprenticeship for about five years. so i have those fundamentals. i understand g and m code but would like to have someone teach me mastercam so i can use it better. i am pretty good with 2d drawing but lack in toolpaths and 3d construction.I took a couple of online courses to compliment my machining knowledgabas through Kennametal and Sandvik.THese helped in enhancing my fundamentals but now i would like to enhance my use of Mastercam and it is just too expensive to train at the mastercam dealer.

CAD/CAM is one of the best teachers out there, he and I have known each other for quite some time.

We both work in World Class CNC Training Facilities. I teach Mastercam at DeAnza College and we only hire professionals who continue to work in the Industry and push the limits of Technology.

If you don't live in an area that is supported with a Community College Training Program, you can still learn Mastercam online at eapprentice.net we are constantly upgrading our courses and adding content on a weekly basis.

Our current course (Winter 2010) is Multi Axis CNC Programming using Mastercam CAD/CAM

If you are interested becoming a power user in Mastercam, learning Advanced high Speed Toolpaths, Solid Modeling, 3D Machining, Rotary, Multi Axis, Horizontal Machining, CNC Lathe programming and Designing work holding Fixtures and Tooling.

Join us!

You can download a legal, working, student version of Mastercam, and practice at Home

My contacts at our leading suppliers of Drills, Taps and End Mills tell me that they have just experienced the busiest two months in 10 years.

The next wave is coming, and it’s all about Multi Axis CNC Machining

Don't be left behind.

Join us!

eapprentice.net

Mark Larson, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by degmc View Post
    CAD/CAM is one of the best teachers out there, he and I have known each other for quite some time.

We both work in World Class CNC Training Facilities. I teach Mastercam at DeAnza College and we only hire professionals who continue to work in the Industry and push the limits of Technology.

If you don't live in an area that is supported with a Community College Training Program, you can still learn Mastercam online at eapprentice.net we are constantly upgrading our courses and adding content on a weekly basis.

Our current course (Winter 2010) is Multi Axis CNC Programming using Mastercam CAD/CAM

If you are interested becoming a power user in Mastercam, learning Advanced high Speed Toolpaths, Solid Modeling, 3D Machining, Rotary, Multi Axis, Horizontal Machining, CNC Lathe programming and Designing work holding Fixtures and Tooling.

Join us!

You can download a legal, working, student version of Mastercam, and practice at Home

My contacts at our leading suppliers of Drills, Taps and End Mills tell me that they have just experienced the busiest two months in 10 years.

Don't be left behind.

Join us!

eapprentice.net
    Mark Larson, is that you?

No, this is Derek, I work with Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Goodwin View Post

Join us!

Don't be left behind.

Join us!

eapprentice.net

Hi, I'm very interested in Mastercam U and Fusion 360. I have CNC machining experience including programming at the control but not a lot of CAD/CAM experience. Which one is a better place to start? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Branden

LOL

Why should I because you gave your opinion... I am also a salesmen of MC to and I am a shop Manager for shop. I also contract program sense 1994. I agree with the knowing of Machining before learning and CAD-CAM system and it does help to be a good operator of CNC's to.

(I don't know you from atoms, but your attitude I like.) All good and thanks
    Talk again soon. Hats off to school of Hard knocks.
    I from Poland, where are you from? your spelling is getting better, or you are using spell check.

littlebrewman, I would take Degmc thought and join eapprentice.net bang for buck you will pay less and get more for your money and time.I am not just saying this because we are long friends in the industry, it is a deal and the knowledge is there that is what makes people like me and him good at it as we are daily users.
    Cadcam

CadCam,
    I liked the site you suggested but was looking for the certificate of completion that comes with the Mastercam University to have it for future resumes, etc. that is why i wanted to do the Mastercam University. Its hard to get jobs without certificates of completion as well as certifications. I also love to learn and have those accomplishments to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrewman View Post
    CadCam,
    I liked the site you suggested but was looking for the certificate of completion that comes with the Mastercam University to have it for future resumes, etc. that is why i wanted to do the Mastercam University. Its hard to get jobs without certificates of completion as well as certifications. I also love to learn and have those accomplishments to fall back on.
    Don't worry about the cert. just print one yourself. Believe me I have interviewed many people and my eyes are photosensitive to the "L" on many foreheads. The only people that make a big deal over the certs are the people sponsoring the course. The guys on the floor will de-nut you with in the week and the boss will fire you the followin week if you cannot produce good code regardless of the "certificate"

littlebrewman have you finally joined and taking the on line class's for your certification?
    I hope I was helpful. if you still have issues please email me again and I will go one more step if needed.
    Cadcam

Page 1 of 2 12