584,866 active members*
4,924 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Processor for Laser and CNC Plus

Does any one know what CAD/CAM post I should use with CNC Plus Controller for a Laser?

Thanks Carlo

Thank you Camsoft for your help. The CNC pro teaching version looks great. This is more than I hoped for and the laser post for my friend works good to but I want to change the starting codes. How do I do this?

Carlo

Hello Carlo,

You're welcomed and thank you.

You have us confused. Is the laser post for another machine?

In AS3000 under the DISK ICON there is a menu choice titled POST PROCESSOR, as you know. On this screen there is a button that said EDIT POST. This allows the user to customize or write a new post processor including the start up G codes.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The Laser post is for my friend with CNC Plus. You know him as "speed" . The CNC Pro is for me and since it comes with a CAD/CAM system that I can use on his laser he will pay me for writing his programs. He does not have CAD/CAM software and does not do much programming. I helped him set up the laser with your stuff. The laser is working very good. Can you help me with the post?

Carlo

Carlo,

Sorry, we don't know who speed is. There have been a few speed names here on CNC Zone, but we don't know them or what packages they have. He may call us directly and let one of the ladies in the front office who he is.

Yes, we can help you. If the speed gentleman lets us know what he has we can see if he can restore the LASER.CBK file or instead if he is established and running then we can show you how to change the post. We have to know more about the situation.

The nice thing is that if he did use the LASER.CBK to start with this should work with the post pre-made for a generic Laser call LASER-PC.POS.

Let us know what you want to add to the start up sequence?

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Camsoft, thank you again. You saved me from doing the work. You are the best company I have ever worked with.

I did start with the Laser.cbk and you are right. The Laser-pc.pos post works already. I wish I would of noticed this myself.

Carlo