585,597 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > MR-J2S-200B instead of MR-J2S-200A!?

Red face MR-J2S-200B instead of MR-J2S-200A!?

As the title says, I wonder if there is any way at all to use the MR-J2S-200B with a DIY controller and PC in a similar way as I hear you can use the A variaty. Connecting it to step dir or similar, that is.

I happen to have a AC servo that goes with that series of controller, but I missed out on the servo drive. There is however a cheap MR-J2S-200B for sale. As far as I can read in the manual for this driver, it seems you need some sort of PC-card that's quite expensive, but I kindof hope that there is some way around that. (Yes I know, a bit of "a shot in the dark probably)
    The problem it that there doesn't seem to be any nice way of using the Mitsubishi SSCNET(at least I think that's what it's called.) in a cheap way.

I hope there are some knowledgeable person/persons that maybe help me shed some light on this. Or just to tell me how impossible it it.

I was really hoping that someone would know something about this. To bad though, since the B version is so much cheaper than the A variety. I did find a page in Czech, that seems to be touching the subject. It's hard to tell though, since I don't know Czech. The translators I had did not work especially good either. If anyone knows Czech and would be so kind as to give a rough translation, I would be very grateful.
    http://www.c-n-c.cz/viewtopic.php?t=...54ce77a58be82f

Ok, i found a bit better translator, and the sum of it as far as I can tell is:
    Use the A driver and not the B one... I would hope I'm wrong, but as far as I can read in the manuals of both the drivers, it seems like this.

I guess I'll just have to get an "A" drive then. ;-)