585,555 active members*
3,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Hypertherm Plasma > powermax 45 machine version vs hand version

powermax 45 machine version vs hand version

I'm confused is their a differance between the hand version and the machine version other than the the torch? I have been reading about a machine interface, doe the hand version not have this? I was hopeing to convert my hand torch body to a machine torch with some ideas I found on the web. but will I also have to buy a mschine interface?

Anybody know how much a powermax 45 machine interface is?

The machine interface which includes an arc transfered output (contact closure output from the plasma that indicates the arc has transferred to the plate), a 50:1 DC voltage output (analog voltage that is 1/50th of arc voltage for torch height control systems), and a plasma start input (contact closure from machine to plasma to start the arc).

These signals are standard on the Powermax45, however the plasma start input is disabled when the hand torch is plugged in....and functions when the machine torch is plugged in. This is a safety feature that is implemented to disallow remote starting of a hand torch......which can be dangerous.

There are many users that use the hand torch on mechanized applications....in order to do this you will have to defeat the safety interlock functions on the hand torch. This is not difficult to do....but as a Hypertherm employee Icannot offer advice on how to defeat a safety feature!

Best regards, Jim Colt