585,712 active members*
4,289 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Is there a way to modify LIGHT?

Is there a way for me to modify an indicator light??

I want to change the grey box to something smaller..

I figured out I could play with the toggle switches by just changing the .bmp picture for each ON and OFF state.

I want to do the same with the indicator lights.. Actually, the green and black light .bmp are great.. I just want to reduce the size of, or completely eliminate the gray box around them..

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Murphy

Murphy,

The bitmaps for the lights bulbs are found in the BMPWAV folder and can be replaced or renamed. There are currently round and square lights there already, but you can certainly make your own.

The toggle switch is much like a button and can be any size and has no grey box container. The light bulbs are more like keyboard jog with a grey container box.

There was a time was a light bulb could be any size, but there's a reason for this now. The box is there to contain the bulb of the light to a small screen area. We found that lights can be frequently used, even flicker and will un-knowingly cause the system to degrade performance or hinder screen refresh rates if the bitmap areas aren't contained to a small screen sizes. So we felt we need the grey container box. Live and learn.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

That's an interesting explanation.. I would have never thought about anything remotely like that as being the reason.

I found a way to work them in anyhow so they don't look out of place with the rest of the design.. The solution worked out to be as good as the original idea..

Thanks for answering that !
    Murphy