585,762 active members*
4,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

machmotion controller.

Can any one give me a feedback on this controller with ac drives and servos?

Quote Originally Posted by Achew View Post
    Can any one give me a feedback on this controller with ac drives and servos?
    I built a Bridgeport with one not too long ago. It is a well built control and cabinet. I used Emerson drives and servos.

Originally I attempted to install a Ajax kit on a Bridgeport style knee mill but I never could get it to run correctly and Ajax was extremely slow to provide tech support, after loosing thousands in lost business I purchased the Machmotion kit. My kit came with the Teco drives and servos. I am completing the finishing touches now, it went together smoothly and everything works as it should. I had a few questions near the end of my install and I received the tech support I needed over the phone. At this point I am very happy with it and if I were to every update or convert another machine Machmotion is who I would call, I cant risk having a machine out of business that long again.

I too am thinking about getting a couple of their kits. Anyone else have any feedback?

I bought one of their kits for a Bridgeport, it came with the Teco drives and servos. I was was in a position where I couldn't have my machine down for a long time. Everything went together good and if I had a question about something I would call or email them, they were very helpful and didn't act like I was a pain. I liked the idea that now if something goes down I have a pretty good idea what it is and can fix it myself . I havent had any problems and would recommend buying their kit.