585,969 active members*
4,636 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Purchased a 4kw Air Cooled Spindle

Hi All,

I purchased the 4kw air cooled spindle and inverter from love-happyshopping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I made an offer of 750, instead of the 873 and it was accepted. There is room to haggle with the seller and someone may be able to offer even less, do not know but worth a try.

Has anyone else made an offer to love-happy that has been accepted? It would be a good idea to keep a running tally of what guys are paying so others know what the street value is, just an idea.

check out this link

not sure if same seller

let us know how your unit looks like..... when you get it

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99668

Hi eloid,

Thanks for the heads up. I sent an email to love-happy with the two pictures of the 4kw air spindles, told them I better receive the round spindle and not a square one. Also included the link you gave me and warned him/her that their selling days could be numbered if they keep that up. Oh, I hope I don't get screwed again, hate it when that happens. (nuts)

I got a response from love-happy, not a good one! Maybe I should report them to eBay? I am posting here so everyone on CNCzone knows what is up with our global Chinese corporation, AORAN. I will keep this thread updated and maybe it will help someone in the future.

Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 2:04 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: Purchased 4kw aircooled Spindle and Inverter

-My first email -

Hi Aoran,

Just want to confirm that I will get the round spindle like the one in the picture you show on ebay. Some folks are complaining, which is real bad for business. You better look at this forum thread on CNCzone (the largest CNC site on the internet).
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99668

"Here are a few pics of a 4Kw spindle ordered from China and is sold as aircooled.Cost was about $900US.The first picture is what the bloke received.
    The other is from the E-bay ad.See any difference?"
    -Their reply-

Dear friend

Now all our stock the is quadrate 4KW spindle

Half years ago, we stock the 4KW quadrate spindle and round spindle. But then we find that the more customer ask for the quadrate spindle. Then we only stock the quadrate spindle

Friend,If you want the round 4KW spindle, then you should give us some days to stock it and then send it to you

Regards oaran
    My reply -----

Hi Oaran,

So the picture in the eBay add is NOT what you are selling? Why do you have a picture of a round spindle and then send a paying customer a different spindle (a quadrate spindle)? Why not show the actual product you are selling? I am not sure if this is what I want and it is not what I paid for. Can you send me a picture of the square quadrate 4kw air spindle and it's specifications (user manual)? How long, really, will it take you to get a new 4kw air cooled spindle in stock? Please reply and I will make my decision, thanks.

We will see, hmm?
    Larry

Square is what most higher end spindles are (HSD, Columbo, Perske, etc.). I would imagine it would be better - more surface area to dissipate heat, easier to mount, etc. However I agree it's not good to show a round spindle and send a square one without asking first.

well... what can you expect from a seller that fakes the ISO9000 certificate...

Take a look at the detail of it, he don't even bothered to use the same font...

But regardless, I read good reviews about his spindles...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spindletruch.jpg   spindletruch2.jpg  
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Quote Originally Posted by jsheerin View Post
    Square is what most higher end spindles are (HSD, Columbo, Perske, etc.). I would imagine it would be better - more surface area to dissipate heat, easier to mount, etc. However I agree it's not good to show a round spindle and send a square one without asking first.
    If you take apart a high speed spindle,square varity it looks like a round Chinese spindle.the high end spindles have an aluinium extrusion around the motor body for cooling or depending on brand a cast iron square for mounting.The Chinese just leave out this critical part.I have been yelled at on the forum for pointing out the questionable quality of these spindles.People do not like to be told they were burned.For the guys yelling at me...I did the research,I did not order.You can buy a 5 HP HSD on E-bay for $1300.
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Update---

I went for the deal. For $750. + ship seems like it will work for me. I realize that a square frame can be made more rigid than a circular frame, just my .02 cents. Will show pictures of spindle when it arrives.

Paul

Dear friend

We stock the quadrate spindle. If you want the round spindle, please wait for one week, then we will stock for you

The quadrate spindle picture is in this email attachment

Wait for your reply

Regards aoran
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2-1.jpg   3.jpg  

The seller really should update the pictures in his listings to reflect the actual item you're buying but I would rather have the square frame spindle myself. I don't see any advantage to getting a round one.

Quote Originally Posted by KT6G Radio View Post
    Update---

I went for the deal. For $750. + ship seems like it will work for me. I realize that a square frame can be made more rigid than a circular frame, just my .02 cents. Will show pictures of spindle when it arrives.

Paul
    what i notice from the pictures you attached the "buggers" dont show a picture of the spindle name plate with the spindle specs ... you realy dont know if you get the motor paying for... or a model number on the unit...
    my gut feeling is you may not know what your get.. when you dont see a name plate...

see if you can request a picture of the name plate from them... of it.

what kind of bearing are in this unit .... get info on it request a part number or mechnical diagram of the product your buy
    it will help you if you need to replace parts or part numbers... and general teer down / assembly diagram of spindle.

Received spindle already?

Quote Originally Posted by KT6G Radio View Post
    Update---

Paul
    And? Did you already receive the spindle? Quality?

Try getting a quote from fimec or colombo - direct from italy- I am assuming a 2.2KW spindle is just around 750 ex factoory.

Re: Purchased a 4kw Air Cooled Spindle

Hi Guys, in the UK i have just bought the round 4Kw water cooled motor and VFD, cost me £439.90 but now wiring info for motor only usual inverter info anyone can help please

Re: Purchased a 4kw Air Cooled Spindle

Quote Originally Posted by CNCezee View Post
    Hi Guys, in the UK i have just bought the round 4Kw water cooled motor and VFD, cost me £439.90 but now wiring info for motor only usual inverter info anyone can help please
    Sorry cant help but Im looking at the exact same deal on Ebay. There are a number of 'how to wire' guides on youtube. Do you have approximate sizes for the spindle? I am looking to replace my 4000 rpm SEM Dc motor on my Denford but uncertain about fitment etc. Where in the UK are you?

Thanks