584,826 active members*
4,984 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Sick of it all

I am sick of trying to figure this out! I have an HY-6040 5 axis CNC router. I am using SolidWorks 2018 (no problem), BobCAD V32 (no problem), Mach 3 (BIG PROBLEM)!!!!!!!!! I have reached the point of giving up! I live in Texas in the Kemah area (near Houston). Is there ANYONE who wants to make some money by coming out and helping me configure this crap!

Re: Sick of it all

There are loads of knowledgeable Mach 3 users here. What seems to be the issue?

Also, is it a truly licensed version or a "licensed" version that they send with the machine.

Yes it is a truly licensed version $175.00. As for the problems in no particular order. I can't get the machine limits set. I can't get the home set and I can't get the table limits set.

Do you have home switches?

There are mechanical switches on the X+ & X- Y+ & Y- Z+ & Z- none for A or B

Okay, so you have those registering in Mach 3? And you have their ports and pins correctly set? I assume you are using the limit switches for homing as well?

The short answer is I Don't Know. I have tried to figure it out but have come up short.

Go to the diagnostics page in Mach 3 and see if the limit or home switch LED's light when you work the switches.

They do not.

So, either there is an issue with the connection of those switches, wiring, etc., or the ports and pins are incorrectly set in the inputs page. I'd start by looking at your breakout board, hopefully it has some documentation with it, and determine what ports and pins your switches are connected to. Alternatively, try to find somebody that has the same machine to provide you with their ports and pins setup.

Why not try going to ‘ports and pins’ and then ‘inputs’ then use the auto detect option to see if Mach3 can set up your stops. It will ask you to trigger each limit/ home switch you want it to find. This worked for me. I’d do this before looking at your board