529,951 active members*
2,283 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Solenoid Valve Advantages & Disadvantages

Advantages
    Solenoid valves are extremely versatile. They can be utilized in several various and distinctive system applications handling air, water, oil, gas, steam… just about any liquid or aeriform substance.
    Another issue that’s nice regarding coil valves is that they’re a awfully economical means that of automatic flow management for liquids and gases. These forms of valves need very little wiring, expense, and energy compared to alternative valves.

Disadvantages
    Solenoid valves have a tough time with dirty or contaminated fluids/gases. Foreign matter will accumulate within the core tubes and impede operation.
    It’s conjointly important that the correct voltage is applied to those valves. Too little and it won’t open or shut, could cause “chattering” and excessive noise, and will wear faster. Overvoltage can generate an excessive amount of heat and untimely wear the coil.
    They’re also sensitive to moisture. Moisture within the coil enclosure can cause the coil to fail, and also the valve to prevent opening/closing.
    If you’re thinking a coil valve can be right for your application, talk over with engineer seasoned in selection/sizing of those forms of valves. Doing thus can facilitate your system perform at its highest potency, whereas requiring less maintenance.

For More Details Refer Below Link
    http://www.maniks.com/manufacturer/d...-manufacturer/

Re: Solenoid Valve Advantages & Disadvantages

amazing article!

Quote Originally Posted by justindavidson View Post
    amazing article!
    Where's that??
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for such a detailed post, it's really very interesting. I have never actually used a solenoid valve and I don’t know if it is worth doing. I tried to work with different valves and in my opinion the most versatile option is Ball Valve from https://anixusa.com/. The metal there is so cool and of high quality that it can withstand any load. In two years of working with valves from this company, I have not had any problems, so I would advise you not to spend money on using a solenoid valve. This is just a recommendation. Thank you for listening to my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by justindavidson View Post
    Thanks for such a detailed post, it's really very interesting. !
    Where is the post/article you are referring to?

Albert E.

I needed the same kind of thing recently but a bit different from yours and I found some Chinese versions on eBay. I did order them and the quality was crap and I did return them as they did not last long. After I made a mistake ordering from eBay, I ordered Carbon Steel Check Valve from anix and it did help me out. I do not know if they still have that component on their website but I am sure that their quality is superb as well as customer service that they provide. I was grateful that I did found them and they consulted me until I did assemble the item I ordered and it was worth every penny.

So where is the OP's reference?
    Where is this solenoid valve?
    What am I missing??

Albert E.