585,581 active members*
4,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Spindle Amplifier Module blinking dashes "Not ready" - Fanuc 16 Robodrill T10 Alpha

Spindle Amplifier Module blinking dashes "Not ready" - Fanuc 16 Robodrill T10 Alpha

Like the title says, on my Fanuc 16 machine (Robodrill T10 Alpha) there is some kind of problem with spindle amplifier and it is just blinking double dashes ( - - ) saying it is not ready, nor operative.

I've tried switching modules with another machine with same module and it still does the same. I've even changed cable which connects the module with mainboard. Nothing.

What could be the problem? Other modules are working (00 state).

Re: Spindle Amplifier Module blinking dashes "Not ready" - Fanuc 16 Robodrill T10 Alp

One of the last thing the controller does is load the parameters into the spindle amp. The amp will flash intill it get loaded. Your controller is not loading for some reason. Do you have any alarms on the CNC sereen? Also check parameter 3701 bit 1 is a zero xxxxxx0x (x=don't care)

Re: Spindle Amplifier Module blinking dashes "Not ready" - Fanuc 16 Robodrill T10 Alp

Quote Originally Posted by allenp View Post
    Like the title says, on my Fanuc 16 machine (Robodrill T10 Alpha) there is some kind of problem with spindle amplifier and it is just blinking double dashes ( - - ) saying it is not ready, nor operative.

I've tried switching modules with another machine with same module and it still does the same. I've even changed cable which connects the module with mainboard. Nothing.

What could be the problem? Other modules are working (00 state).
    From your description, the problem should come from the CNC controller, you can check if there is any alarm code shown on the CNC, then find the reason accordingly.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    One of the last thing the controller does is load the parameters into the spindle amp. The amp will flash intill it get loaded. Your controller is not loading for some reason. Do you have any alarms on the CNC sereen? Also check parameter 3701 bit 1 is a zero xxxxxx0x (x=don't care)
    Thanks, thats what ive thought too. That machine lost parameters recently, ive uploaded most of them, but i dont know if spindle parameters are amongst them since i dont know how to input them, except maybe they are uploaded with others in the same package. I was uploading parameters via rs232 and laptop using cimco.

Also ive got alarm 1016 mcc is welding cause main contactor km1 wont activate cause machine is getting stuck during reset progress...but...i can manualy push km1 in during power up and it will stay pulled in and machine will reset then, i can move axes xyz normally, everything seems fine then, except spindle amplifier is still blinking double dash and i cant read spindle rpm on screen nor can i command spindle to rotate. I go to mdi and input S100 M03, nothing happens. Second symptom, the door lock coil wont activate. I cant open door in that stage except manually using key on the lock.

In that case km1 will deactivate and reactivate when i lock the door using key again.

But the problem is not in the lock since it works fine and unlocks and locks the door if i havent manually pushed in km1 during startup. In that case door lock works fine but i get alarm 1016...

However in both cases, two dashes are blinking on spindle amplifier module, no matter what i do.

Edit, 3701 is all zeros

Did you load the parameters in twice? A lot of parameters are dependant on other parameters being set first and sometimes those parameters are not set till later. Option parameters are in the 9000's so those get set last. After they are loaded twice. Verify that you also loaded in the PMC parameters as well. Those get loaded on the PMC page.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Did you load the parameters in twice? A lot of parameters are dependant on other parameters being set first and sometimes those parameters are not set till later. Option parameters are in the 9000's so those get set last. After they are loaded twice. Verify that you also loaded in the PMC parameters as well. Those get loaded on the PMC page.
    Omg that might be it, i didnt load them twice. Ill try tomorrow and notify you

Okay the problem is solved!
    It was one parameter "missing", or I could not input it at first because it showed me message to confirm input of the parameter data with "Delete" key, which I thought was on the physical keyboard of the machine (I tried all keys, none of them wouldnt input that parameter). But no, it can be confirmed only by opening software keyboard (ABC key on physical keyboard) and pressing delete. After I have input that parameter, it works!!

It was parameter 9937. Thankfully, I've left myself a message on paper where my parameters were printed and yesterday I found that reminder and tried inputing it again, successfully this time!

Thanks for your help guys!!