585,728 active members*
4,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Spindle Inverter wiring

Spindle Inverter wiring

Hello Everyones

I'm new in this world. Please apologize for my bad English

I bought a fully accessorized 6040T from Aliexpress
    I have no instruction for the spindle inverter, the seller sent me only a manual with program code, but My interest is in wiring
    Anyone can help me?

The apparatus is mark HUAJIANG
    Type: YL600-2S-1.5K G 220V (I'm Italian)
    Input: AC 1PHO--200V 50/60Hz
    OutPut: AC 1PH 7.0A 3.0KVA 220V

Some picture below
    Only other site that I found who sell the same object I have is buildyourcnc.com (Sorry, I don't Know if the advertising is possible)
    Attachment 341814
    The part for wiring
    The lower part is to wire AC and Spindle as shown in the bottom of the reported page (L1 - L2 - PE for AC and U - V - W for spindle)
    Attachment 341816
    Attachment 341818
    All other green connection what are?
    Do I can wire a 10V to PWM control?
    what are other wire for run a PWM Control?

I attach the manual file that seller sent me and other Images. The last one is the card I have.

Thank You

Davide.

Re: Spindle Inverter wiring

Davide_m

They have made it clear for how you have to do the main wiring, but are missing the Spindle 4th Pin Ground wire that goes to PE, this is IMPORTANT TO DO

Start with just wiring the main Power and the spindle, the spindle to the VFD you want to use a shielded cable, you also need to have a Ground wire, so for the Spindle you need a 4 wire cable plus shield, the Ground wire goes from the Pin #4 to the PE on the VFD, they are not showing this wire, but are telling you to Ground the 4th pin in the spindle

So you have to check the 4th pin on the spindle connector to see if it is connected or not, most are not connected, and you have to do this a photo attached, once you get all this part done then you can set parameters and test run, then move on to the control side of it

So do you have a 1.5Kw spindle water cooled???
    Mactec54

Thak You for reply.
    I shot other picture of the spindle and there aren't a Earth wire here.

Attachment 342058

Attachment 342060

The spindle is air cooled and the power is about a 800W.
    May be I can use a bolt for the E?

Quote Originally Posted by Davide_m View Post
    Thak You for reply.
    I shot other picture of the spindle and there aren't a Earth wire here.

Attachment 342058

Attachment 342060

The spindle is air cooled and the power is about a 800W.
    May be I can use a bolt for the E?
    Yes use a screw/bolt what ever you can as long as it is attached to the metal part of the spindle body
    Mactec54

I am getting an err04 on the screen on my same inverter, mine is the 110v version, Could not having it grounded be the cause of that error?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithLewis28 View Post
    I am getting an err04 on the screen on my same inverter, mine is the 110v version, Could not having it grounded be the cause of that error?
    Dear KeithLewis28,
    When I grounded the spindle, I have an error message, but I don't remember the code! (I shut down all in a second)
    I removed the ground cable and the error do not show again.
    I run a spindle only for test, but without ground I haven't a error message

Dear KeithLewis28,
    When I grounded the spindle, I have an error message, but I don't remember the code! (I shut down all in a second)
    I removed the ground cable and the error do not show again.
    I run a spindle only for test, but without ground I haven't a error message
    It would depend how you Grounded wired your Spindle as to why you got a Fault, the Spindle has to be Grounded, or you run a risk of Damage to your electronics or getting zapped your self

The input power supply Ground to the VFD Ground and then the VFD to the Spindle Ground
    Mactec54

Hi All,
    I finished today to groud the spindle. I put a ground wire from spindle top cover screw to vfd and from vfd to electrical system
    This is You see now:
    Attachment 347008

I found a new picture of the vfd: (I do not read russian)
    Attachment 347016
    Attachment 347018

And this is the correct wire spindle to vfd (in my vfd in the last top screwed connection there are Ground )
    Attachment 347020

I hope this can help all

Davide

Hi All,
    I finished today to groud the spindle. I put a ground wire from spindle top cover screw to vfd and from vfd to electrical system
    This is You see now:
    Attachment 347008

I found a new picture of the vfd: (I do not read russian)
    Attachment 347016
    Attachment 347018

And this is the correct wire spindle to vfd (in my vfd in the last top screwed connection there are Ground )
    Attachment 347020

I hope this can help all

Davide
    I ended up buying a new inverter because the one that I had was defective the company is sending me a replacement but I hear those are pretty crappy . I got my X and Y and Z axis moving and I've already started cutting parts I never had to hook a ground wire to my spindle and a guy that sells CNC Parts said that the grounding was not necessary my spindle runs great with the new inverter

Quote Originally Posted by KeithLewis28 View Post
    I ended up buying a new inverter because the one that I had was defective the company is sending me a replacement but I hear those are pretty crappy . I got my X and Y and Z axis moving and I've already started cutting parts I never had to hook a ground wire to my spindle and a guy that sells CNC Parts said that the grounding was not necessary my spindle runs great with the new inverter
    It would be a code violation to not have it Grounded

No problem now, until something goes wrong, plus the problem with shaft/spindle voltage, when you or someone touching your machine could be electrocuted, it is 100% needed the rotor voltage has no where to go but through your machine, that is why a Ground is needed

When using a VFD Drive, not just the one you are using, any that are used to drive an AC motor, they create a voltage in the Rotor, and this voltage has nowhere to go but through your machine, so with a Ground wire correctly wired this will take this rotor voltage to Ground/Earth
    Mactec54