584,814 active members*
5,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM discussion
Page 1 of 2 12

SprutCAM discussion

What is SprutCAM and why should I use it?

Demo Software - Where?

Where do I download a copy of a "working" demo software?

You can try eng.sprut.ru/download.asp?product=SprutCAM
    If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll find a copy and put it on my server.
    The demo version is identical to the full version apart from it produces no CNC code.

What kind of cost are we looking at? I use Rhino and this sounds interesting.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Hi Mike,
    I sell SprutCAM (also known as Dolphin 3DCAM) in the Uk, but am not set up for sales in the US just yet.

If you are a hobby user, you can get a version which is very similar to the full commercial version of SprutCAM from Bill Griffin at Grifftek
    He is offering this version for around $675 + taxes etc.

If you are a commercial user then I hear that Alibre are running a special introductory offer at the moment, although I have no details, might be worth giving them a call.

Mike, if you haven't already, download the demo version, and give it a try, you'll love it.

Dave

S4 if I can't do gcodes to test it, well it just doesn't do me much good. I wouldn't care if it was only good for 10 days just so I could see what it does with one of my designs. I am a commercial user. I have seen the link on the Rhino site as well as another one (which I won't name here in your forum ), well actually I don't remember it either.

Or......if I had someone else to do a gcode from it hmmmmmm.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Hi Mike,
    I fully understand what you are saying. The demo version is nice because it doesn't require 'activating', so your instantly up an running.

I have updated my download site with the Demo and Full versions of SprutCAM.
    They are both about 21Mb downloads.

Either e-mail me your details to 'enquiries AT pressgo-cnc.co.uk', or use the shortcut on my download site, and I will send you a password to download the full version.

Once installed, this will give you an activation code which will allow me to generate a 30 day evaluation licence.

I have also put some tutorials and examples on the site also.
    Some feedback on these would be appreciated, and will help me improve them.

If you have any questions while you are evaluating the software, post them here and I will be happy to give some pointers.

Dave

I have downloaded the demo and checked it out, but after about an hour or so I uninstalled it, had too many problems, it gave me errors too often.
    I think, a Software should be "Foolproof"

For me it's back to Rhino!

Konrad
    Use a sharp tool & cut cool !

Hi Konrad,
    Thanks for your feedback. I'm surprised that you had 'problems' with running it.
    Do you think it was an installation problem?
    The first time I ran SprutCAM was after looking at loads of other CAM systems, and I couldn't believe how easy it was, and how logically it worked.

Perhaps you need to try out some other systems to give you more of a comparison.
    Good luck in your search.

>For me it's back to Rhino!
    You should never have left Rhino in the first place! It is an ideal design system to use with SprutCAM.

Dave

I have put some tutorials on my download site for anyone giving SprutCAM a go for the first time.

Dave

Thanks Dave,
    I'll give it another try sometimes.
    It's good to have a tutorials go with it, could be a world of difference!

Is anybody using it with Bobcad Version 19 ??
    Konrad

Ups....I should say, does anybody use Rhino with Bobcad?

Dave , no I don't think it was a Installation problem.

No, Rhino I have not "chucked", it will stay in the harddrive!

Konrad

I dont see anywhere (on the sites) a list of post processers (ie Haas, Fadal, Mazak) as well does the program include DNC capabilities and a G-code editor?

There are many postprocessors available for the SprutCAM system including Fanuc, Heidenhain, Siemens, HAAS, Fadal, Hurco, Prototrak and Mazatrol.
    These are normally available FOC.
    The system doesn't include (at present) any DNC capabilities, this is something that is on my wish-list.
    There is no G-code editor included. The included 'Postprocessor Generator' allows modification or creation of postprocessors to ensure manual editing of the resulting CNC code is not required.
    They do have a separately available G-code simulator/editor called NC-Tuner.
    I have not done much with this, but it looks to be very capable/powerful.
    A recent inclusion in the all new version 4 of SprutCAM, is the ability to edit/modify the CLData directly whilst in simulation mode. This allows for manual modifications prior to postprocessing.
    There are many enhancements in version 4, let me know if you would like a 30 day trial.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

I am not prepared to play with the demo yet.

You can get sprutcam bundeled with Alibre Design at www.alibre.com

I believe Alibre professional + full version of sprutcam is between $2500-3000. Talk to them on the phone. They can get you a demo version to you to try out.

Dustin

I dont know anything about Alibre. I am a SolidWorks kinda guy.
    I also currently use VisualMill.

I bought Alibre and now I ready to use this product, I have no documentation, boy I'm glad I found this site, with users of this program. I will have questions...

Paul

You can find some tutorials here
    If you need the manual for the software please contact me by e-mail If you have any questions please let me know i am more than happy to help you.
    By the way you can take a look at the latest SprutCAM version 4 presentation on my site to see what can SprutCAM do in a nutshell.

Get 10% discount from SprutCAM until July 31 2005 if you are a SolidWorks user.
    Click here fore details
    Tokay Tech Inc.
    www.sprut.ca
    www.cnc-programming.com

Page 1 of 2 12