544,016 active members*
2,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    81

    THC Random communication error.

    Hi.

    I am running the THC and when I am cutting I get random Communication errors - E-1.

    It is very unreliable.

    I have tried swapping both optic fibre cables but it does not help.

    It can cut for a few min then E-1. Then it randomly works again without me doing anything.

  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    81

    Re: THC Random communication error.

    Hello?

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    851

    Re: THC Random communication error.

    Main causes for E-1 error are:
    1. User did not remove protection from end of optical cable.
    2. Both devices are mounted next to each other. One should be on directly in/on plasma machine, other one in control box/cabinet.
    3. Power supply for sensor is from control box. This means long cables. Sensor device needs its own power supply with shortest possible wires.

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    81

    Re: THC Random communication error.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Main causes for E-1 error are:
    1. User did not remove protection from end of optical cable.
    2. Both devices are mounted next to each other. One should be on directly in/on plasma machine, other one in control box/cabinet.
    3. Power supply for sensor is from control box. This means long cables. Sensor device needs its own power supply with shortest possible wires.

    1. The protection is removed. Otherwise you would not be able to put it in in the first place. '
    I have tried both cables. The machine is cutting THC is working and suddenly I get E-1. Then it continues cutting for a while and it disappears and works as normal again.
    This is happening very a lot.

    2. I am using 50:1 signal.

    3. Power supply for sensor is close with short cables.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    851

    Re: THC Random communication error.

    Without more information and photos it is impossible to help.

    Did you solve test mode problems? What was wrong?

  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    81

    Re: THC Random communication error.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Without more information and photos it is impossible to help.

    Did you solve test mode problems? What was wrong?
    What information do you need? I'm not sure how photos will help? It would just show voltage on the thc and then E-1?


    I answered that in the other thread. I tried asking you about this new problem but you didn't respond so I made a new thread.

  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    81

    Re: THC Random communication error.

    Hello? What information do you need?

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    851

    Re: THC Random communication error.

    I need to see how you integrated this sensor, how it is connected,...
    It is only way to spot, what you did wrong.
    How can you expect any help without providing ALL possible information.

  9. #9
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    81

    Re: THC Random communication error.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    I need to see how you integrated this sensor, how it is connected,...
    It is only way to spot, what you did wrong.
    How can you expect any help without providing ALL possible information.
    You have allready seen how it is connected?

    Can you specify what photos you need?

    The sensor works, it regulates up and down as it should but I get random E-1 messages. That comes and goes.

    Which means there is something wrong with optical cable. When this E-1 message appears there is nothing I can do to get it to go away. I have tried switching optical cables. I have also tried to wiggle the cables in the slot to see if there is anything wrong with the port.



    Can I just ask why you decided to opt for the optical cable instead of just hardwiring like the proma thc 150?

  10. #10
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    81

    Re: THC Random communication error.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrEmo View Post
    You have allready seen how it is connected?

    Can you specify what photos you need?

    The sensor works, it regulates up and down as it should but I get random E-1 messages. That comes and goes.

    Which means there is something wrong with optical cable. When this E-1 message appears there is nothing I can do to get it to go away. I have tried switching optical cables. I have also tried to wiggle the cables in the slot to see if there is anything wrong with the port.



    Can I just ask why you decided to opt for the optical cable instead of just hardwiring like the proma thc 150?

    What do you need?

  11. #11
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEmo View Post
    What do you need?
    Your THC is still not working like it should.

    Random comm errors to no avail.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2021, 05:06 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2019, 09:22 PM
  3. random overtravel error
    By dude_chevy in forum X3/SX3/G0619/G0463
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 09:13 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2013, 04:24 AM
  5. BOSS 8 random axis limit error
    By rkdygert in forum Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 06:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •