585,700 active members*
3,796 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Upgrading to cmos memory from bubble memory osp5000

Upgrading to cmos memory from bubble memory osp5000

I just installed a cmos card to replace the bubble memory in our lb15 with osp5000 control.
    Im trying to reload the control tapes but the tape keeps stopping and it doesn't produce any errors.
    Is there anything different that i need to do to reload the control tapes to the cmos memory?

Re: Upgrading to cmos memory from bubble memory osp5000

If I remember correctly there was something about entering (in load screen) info about ffrom where software is loaded (tape or floppy). It was either on one of those many manuals on some upgrade bulletins.
    What year is that lathe? CMOS boards work with new MBIIB motherboards. Another case i have stumbled upon was software- on my milling machine (MC-4VA) only newer version of software was able to load and run, original from 1984 was unable to run.

Re: Upgrading to cmos memory from bubble memory osp5000

I managed to get it working. The batteries were flat on the cmos card. Ill put new ones on and still didn't work. I then removed all the jumpers on the card and it loaded the control software exactly the same as it used to with the bubble memory. The machine kept corrupting the bubble memory and it was getting read/write errors. Been running fine now for 3 days with the cmos card.