584,830 active members*
5,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VMC15 XT Z rails

Bought a set of Z rails for my VMC15XT. The rails came from Fadalcnc.com. I thought I was buying the original equipment but when they showed up they were PMI rails with carriages attached. There was really no information with how to install them. Called and asked about that but no help. Got on the net found the PMI installation instructions and installed them. They look nice and from what I can tell should work fine. To be honest got a little redass thinking I was buying OEM equipment but was not the case. The carriage oil line fitting threads are 6MM. The original rails were 10/32”. Had to find the right fittings for the PMI rails. I found the right push to connect fittings at source 4 industries. The fittings are all metal not plastic! They were $3.90 each. The fittings can handle up to 400 plus PSI. I will post pictures of the fittings and them installed. Sometimes companies love to sell you parts but have no support after the fact, awesome!

Re: VMC15 XT Z rails

The PMI rails probably are Fadal OEM units. They bought them from someone originally, they didn't make them.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    The PMI rails probably are Fadal OEM units. They bought them from someone originally, they didn't make them.
    Jim, I understand they did not make them. What I don’t understand is your comment. NSK is what came on the machine from FADAL and that is what I thought I was buying, not PMI. The whole issue was no customer support when I asked for some information on the installation instructions.

Re: VMC15 XT Z rails

Quote Originally Posted by ballistic42 View Post
    The whole issue was no customer support when I asked for some information on the installation instructions.
    Yeah, that would be a problem.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA