585,568 active members*
3,714 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Wanting to purchase a laser to cut 2mm-3mm thick aluminum sheet metal.

Wanting to purchase a laser to cut 2mm-3mm thick aluminum sheet metal.

Hello Group.

Looking for advise on which type or machine to use to cut (flat) aluminum sheet metal...and lots of it.

Through my research, I'm finding several options, and not really sure what's best for this application.

Is "Fiber" the way to go? Is there a minimum wattage required for the thickness of 2mm-3mm aluminum. Although cutting aluminum will be it's primary use, I would also like to have the ability to cut mild steel no thicker than 3mm.

Thanks,
    Jay

Re: Wanting to purchase a laser to cut 2mm-3mm thick aluminum sheet metal.

Fiber
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Hello MoparJay ,This is Rosa from G.weike laser , we are a manufacture of fiber laser cutting machine for 15 years experience . According your need , you wan to cut 2-3mm Aluminum sheet metal , and mild steel within 3mm , the 1000W laser source can do it , but 1000W laser power cut aluminum will be solwly , so i according my working experience , 1500W laser source can Satisfy your needs very well . Please feel free to contact to me : [email protected] ; Whatsapp/Skype/Wechat number +86 15628769257 , i will give you more precision information .

Hello,
    If you cut aluminum mostly, higher power at least 1500W is recommend.
    And a smoother for cutting edge is recommend too.
    Our machine bed is welded by 20mm steel plate with release and heat treatment and accuracy milling for rail installation slot.6.5t in weight.

The machine is in manufacturing. If you are interested in, I can send more details about it.
    Email: [email protected]
    Mobile/Wechat/Whatsapp: +86 186 7880 4631
    www.acmelaser.cn
    www.acme-laser.com
    [COLOR=inherit !important]https://www.facebook.com/catherineacmelaser[/COLOR]
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTy...XnA895EHkHvngQ

Fiber, say 1500W-2000W range probably will do at start. For cut sheets you have to be prepare to pay few hundreds thousands $ if you don't want to fix machine more than it will be working. Depend of size and quality of cut, it is not straight forward. Best ask actual customers about quality of service, support and machine itself as this is substantial number of $.
    Polish @ Éire

Hello Jay,

A 1500 watt Fiber laser is what you require. A fiber laser cutter will cut through Aluminum and mild steel with no loss in consumables and no environmental pollution. HeatSign Laser offers you the best laser cutter machine, at a reasonable price. Visit www.heatsign.com to check out the various Fiber laser cutters available that suits you.