584,800 active members*
4,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Way cover apron on a Torq -Cut 22

anyone have the measurements of the front Y axis way cover apron? Mine has been missing since I got the machine. I have been able to a get around this by using a small amount of Y travel so the table keeps the ways covered but my new fixture plat uses a lot of travel and I don't want the way and ballscrew exposed while machining.

Richard

Re: Way cover apron on a Torq -Cut 22

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarMedia View Post
    anyone have the measurements of the front Y axis way cover apron? Mine has been missing since I got the machine. I have been able to a get around this by using a small amount of Y travel so the table keeps the ways covered but my new fixture plat uses a lot of travel and I don't want the way and ballscrew exposed while machining.

Richard
    Mine has been taped back together with Gorilla Tape so it might not be the original size. It's now 16 inches wide by 14 inches long. It seems to cover and work well.

I have just gotten my TC 22 back into service and had to repair the shield just last week. The former owner had kept the machine going by removing the skirt and covering both sides with a layer of Gorilla tape. Most of it seems to be in good shape with the only only one failure point ,where the skirt was taped to the L shaped mounting bracket. In a hurry I pop riveted two flat pieces of aluminum as a makeshift hinge point and started running her

I did find that you can order the piece from a company so if you want I'll find the info for you.. I have no idea how much they want as they have an "Ask for Quote" form on the website.

I am getting a quote. I imagine it will be cheaper per unit to get multiples if you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested.

Do you have the dimensions for the Z apron? the PO of my mill replaced it with a sheet of rubber, it works, it just looks half assed.

Richard

I am getting a quote. I imagine it will be cheaper per unit to get multiples if you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested.

Do you have the dimensions for the Z apron? the PO of my mill replaced it with a sheet of rubber, it works, it just looks half assed.

Richard
    MIne is half there..... I'll be back later with the measurements...

I would be interested in a new set for mine if I don't faint at the price

I bought mine from dissen (bp-parts.com). When it arrived it had a magnet with the manufacturers name and indicated they can rebuild them. I'll get the name and number on Monday.

I have the leaves I pulled off. I'll take a photo and maybe they can be put to good use by someone.

BTW, the quote I got was nutz. did you get the name off the magnet?

Richard

BTW, the quote I got was nutz. did you get the name off the magnet?
    A&A Manufacturing
    800-298-2066
    [email protected]
    www.aaman.com

I have a complete rear cover that likely could be repaired and a few pieces from the front.

Update: The phone number is correct. A&A Manufacturing is now Dynatect Manufacturing https://dynatect.com/

https://dynatect.com/product/protect...epair-service/

I got the quote back from dynatect... ~$150 plus shipping each. I imagine the Z cover is a bit more but I don't have the measurements for the z cover.

Lead time is stated as 30 days.

Let me know if anyone else is interested.

Richard

I got the quote back from dynatect... ~$150 plus shipping each. I imagine the Z cover is a bit more but I don't have the measurements for the z cover.
    Was that for rebuild or replacement? That is a LOT less than I paid.

New replacement. I assume I will have to drill the 2 mounting holes in the angle bracket but other than that it should be good to go.

Richard

Hardinge sells them. I believe the part number is the same for the Y and Z axis. If you get the part number out of the book and go to hardinge website you can look it up. If I remember correctly they were somewhere around 130 or 150 in price.

I was shocked that their price was that low.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hey, what do ya know.... they have the Y cover but the Z cover (bigger) is out of stock.I will have to call them monday.

Richard

hey, what do ya know.... they have the Y cover but the Z cover (bigger) is out of stock.I will have to call them monday.

Richard
    What did you find out Richard?

Just fyi, I am still waiting to hear back from hardinge. I talked to them Thursday and they are checking. the first guy I spoke to apparently forgot.

Richard

Just fyi, I am still waiting to hear back from hardinge. I talked to them Thursday and they are checking. the first guy I spoke to apparently forgot.

Richard
    Richard, what did you end up doing on the way cover?

Sorry... the quote I got back from Hardinge for the Z cover was nuts. $466. It can be ordered custom elsewhere for less than half. I really need to order the Y cover before thy run out.

Richard

Sorry... the quote I got back from Hardinge for the Z cover was nuts. $466. It can be ordered custom elsewhere for less than half. I really need to order the Y cover before thy run out.

Richard
    You must have ordered the last one. It was in stock one minute and then gone. Parts book lists the same number for the Y and Z axis link cover

hey... what do you know. they are the same part number... I should have ordered 2. I guess I snaked the last one though... sorry. I will be talking to them on Monday to see if they have extras for you. They do have the rear covers if needed, albite for $1000. I think someone had it custom made for a lot less.

Richard

Just an update. the way covers finally arrived. hopefully in the next few weeks I get a chance to try them on.

Richard