585,753 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > X-axis moving wrong direction after powering up this morning so can't home machine

X-axis moving wrong direction after powering up this morning so can't home machine

Fanic 21i on Daewoo/.Doosan 5020 vertical mill

Shut down for weekend and now after power up the X-axis moves the wrong direction so consequently I can not home machine.

Any idea where to start?

Re: X-axis moving wrong direction after powering up this morning so can't home machin

it all depends on if its a program move or a manual move. If you have mirror image turned on and its being driven by program then it will go in the wrong direction. If it is a manual move i.e. JOG then maybe someone changes a parameter:

Parameter 0012 bit 0 MIRx Mirror image for each axis
    0 : Mirror image is off.
    1 : Mirror image is on.

Parameter 2022 Direction of motor rotation: JOG Direction
    111 clockwise
    -111 counter clockwise

Re: X-axis moving wrong direction after powering up this morning so can't home machin

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    it all depends on if its a program move or a manual move. If you have mirror image turned on and its being driven by program then it will go in the wrong direction. If it is a manual move i.e. JOG then maybe someone changes a parameter:

Parameter 0012 bit 0 MIRx Mirror image for each axis
    0 : Mirror image is off.
    1 : Mirror image is on.

Parameter 2022 Direction of motor rotation: JOG Direction
    111 clockwise
    -111 counter clockwise
    Thanks for info. I changed 2022 to -111 and yes, axis did move opposite direction but same issue of not being able to home it.
    It don't act like its in home mode. if you will, for X-axis. Normally it rapids close to home location, then goes into slow mode for homing.
    X-axis moves real slow in one direction and rapids in the other direction. No stopping to home axis.
    All the changing to -111 did was have it rapid in opposite direction.
    Maybe the home switch or a limit switch is shorted?

You are correct, the home switch is stuck. Once it becomes made it puts the axis into decel mode while you are in refrence mode. Once it goes off the switch it allows the axis to move at the rapid rate again.

Interesting, thanks, don't know why that would cause axis to move wrong direction and rapid away from home end and slow towards the home end.
    Any idea what parameters are so I can see the 3 home switches and verify home switch is stuck?

When I change parameter -111 to 111 and restart, my a axis shows the encoder going from 0 to 360 and repeating over and over. The axis is not physically moving and I can't move anything. Any thoughts on what's causing this?

x senor gone