4,821 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
Siemens Forum

Digital Industries, Motion Control, Machine Tool Systems

Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Lagunmatic CNC 250 refurb - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 789
    Thanks allot Erik...

Ya when I press the unlock button the solenoid will not engage at all, but the lock button works the draw bar just as it should....

I will take off the side panel and jumper the button....

It looks like there are a couple semiconductor things inside the small access box where all the way lube, limit switches, and solenoids are wired together.
    There is one for each solenoid....don't have a clue what those little rectangular plastic things are but if the button is working, could it be one of those gizmos?
    I believe the air impact is operating properly. There is no clicking at all of the solenoid when the button is pressed...

But I will start with the button....

Murlin

edit....yes I thought about starting my own thread but this place is so huge I did not know if it would get any response.
    you had my exact mill and seemed to know more than anyone so thanks for the feed back...

Do this: First, start a new thread here, in this section of the forum.

Then, take pictures of the parts you're talking about and upload them - we can then tell you what those components are. From your description, they might be solid state relays. If the buttons don't work, then yes, it could be one of those. However, start with the buttons

Erik

Will do man and thanks !

Hey Eric, I finally started my thread and put some pics up. I'm sure there is a better and more appropriate way to send you a link without interrupting your thread but I haven't found it yet. I'm excited to see how close you are getting and although I think our projects are a little different (Mach v Linuxcnc and some different components) I've learned a bunch from this thread. Anyways take care and check out my thread lagunmatic 310 cnc knee mill retrofit to PC control whenever it convenient!

Thanks!

Re: Pics and plans

What happened to all the images?

Re: Pics and plans

Quote Originally Posted by caracadon View Post
    What happened to all the images?
    My image hosting is down. I'll check to see if I can find somewhere to put the images and restore them from a backup.

FYI, I'm currently getting ready to build another revision to my mill, a new control panel.

Erik

Re: Lagunmatic CNC 250 refurb

Quote Originally Posted by michaelthomas View Post
    A machinist friend of mine has a Lagunmatic 320 that he got from an auction nearly 15 years ago. It has not been powered up since. The arid climate here in Colorado has appeared to have been kind to it over the years. It has the Dynapath controller as well.

He has done me a lot of favors, so I'm gonna try to get it up and running for him. I have the manuals for the machine and the control if that would be helpful to you.

Good afternoon!

I’m pretty sure you just saved my day. I have been searching high and low for the machine installation service and maintenance manuals for this CNC. Is there any way that you could send me the part of the manual that focuses on the head assembly for the Lagunmatic 320? I am getting ready to reassemble the head assembly (that an inexperienced operator has unfortunately removed along with the motor) and I have been trying to research it as I have absolutely no idea what I have gotten myself into. More specifically I need any information that you have on the spindle assembly I.e: Parts list, blown schematics, drawings, anything will help at This point. Because I was not the one to disassemble, Before moving forward with this project I want to be sure I’m not missing anything. It looks pretty straightforward but I’m not one to rush into a rebuild without any information.

Anything that you have that would help me out would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Jenni

Page 9 of 9 789