585,578 active members*
4,079 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
SolidCAM Forum
Want To Buy...Need help! > AVID CNC maybe ghosting me on my order after waiting 15-16 weeks, now 21 weeks

AVID CNC maybe ghosting me on my order after waiting 15-16 weeks, now 21 weeks

So back in September 2021 I worked with Dan at AVID CNC to setup a purchase order for the Benchtop Pro 2436 to use as a platform for a spray coating nozzle for making electrodes. Originally I was looking at the Velox CNC VR-1414 but they went out of business, and AVID was recommended to me.

They quoted me 15-16 week delivery time, which made Dec 23 approximate ship date.

In November I contacted support to check on being in the queue and if we on time for delivery. They replied, yes you are in the queue.

December 23 cam and went. On Jan 5 I emailed support, got a reply from Cory, that they are looking to ship by the end of the week! Great!

Well end of the week came and went, I sent a support email earlier this week. No reply. Called and left messages, no reply.

I feel I may be getting ghosted on the order, and lets hope their people are not sick at all! I understand these are trying times but I just wish they were more communicative of the delays and reasons.

As this unit was going to support 4 researchers this year, who were patiently expecting this to be built by end of January, I am in a huge pickle and need a back-up plan.

Can someone recommend a vendor that has a similar offering to the Benchtop Pro 2436/Velox CNC VR-1414. Accuracy and precision are my priorities, as this is only used to automate the spray paths and move the nozzle up and down in the z-direction.

Any tips would be appreciated on a similar system. I'm quite anxious, but still holding out that someone from AVID CNC will reply to me with good news but as it's now a month beyond and I need to get moving with another vendor.

Cheers from Hawaii and lets hope the people at AVID CNC are ok.
    K

Edit 1 (Jan 21, 2022 10:00 am HST): I am contacting ShopBot as their desktop CNC looks like it might work for my application.
    Last edited by GreenH2inHI; 01-21-2022 at 08:57 PM.