4,542 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
TDM Systems Forum

Digital. Experienced. Powerful. - 100% Tool Management

ViaCad / Shark > Model to Sheet

Model to Sheet

v8.0.3 Pro build 1016
    when in the Model to Sheet tool, how do you go back to the model after being putting dimensions on the sheet? also, is there a auto feature that draws most of the pertinent #'s on the Sheet?

The Model to Sheet function just creates new layers with a drawing sheet/viewport and simultaneously sets the other layers (with the model/etc. on them) to "not visible". To go back and forth between the drawing sheet and the model, you go to your layers and make the model layers visible again.

If you are wondering if it will automate the creation of dimensions, then the answer is no (as far as I know). Once you have your viewports configured so that they are the scale you want and encompass the model the way you want, you can start setting the scale. If you change the model parametrically, I believe the dimensions will automatically update to their new values where they have been affected by the changes to the real model. Never change the model through the viewports, be sure to go back to the model and do the work there.

I recommend that you always have the "Inspector" and "Concept Explorer" windows open and docked to the side of the screen. They will open automatically every time you start Viacad unless you close them while Viacad is running. I use the Inspector for changes to an entity regarding layers, colors, etc. all the time, while also using the Concept Explorer for parametric changes to components found in the "features" tab (that also requires the use of the Inspector) and making changes to the layers themselves in the "layers" tab. Both of these windows are invaluable and just should be available at all times, IMHO. You may have already figured that out, but just in case you hadn't.

when i had 2d/3d trial i thought i used the ESC key to take me out to model. but yeah, the layers is where its at. thanks.