Transparency agreement for web sessions
- Who we are?
- Transparency at a glance!
- What happens when you use our website?
- How are my data processed during registration and attendance?
- What happens when I consent to receiving further details from the presenter for a web session?
- Who can potentially access your data? And: Do data leave the European Union?
- When are my data erased, and how long are they stored for?
- What are your rights?
Hello and thank you for taking part in the web sessions. Alone for the sake of legibility, the following makes no distinction between the genders and the various forms of address. All references to persons apply to all genders, whether male, female, or other. We take very seriously the rights accorded to you for privacy, data protection, and informational self-determination. Which is why we would like to inform you of the following:
Who we are?
The organiser of the web sessions is IndustryArena GmbH, Katzbergstr. 3, 40764 Langenfeld, Germany, T: +49 2173 8933200, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, represented by Managing Directors Dr. Wilfried Schäfer and Frank Nolden.
Transparency at a glance!
During the web sessions, your data are processed at the following collection points:
|Collection point||Data processing details||More at|
|Registering for access to the web sessions||You are hereby registering for attendance via an input prompt which also lets you set a password. You will receive confirmation by e-mail.||Cf. section How are my data processed during registration and attendance?|
|By checking the box, you confirm your voluntary consent to being contacted for advertising purposes.||The presenters’ companies address you with respect to your questions and use the details you entered during registration to contact you.||Cf. section What happens when I consent to receiving further details from the presenter for a web session?|
Details are available here:
What happens when you use our website?
How are my data processed during registration and attendance?
(1) The web sessions are hosted by the above commissioned organiser.
(2) When registering for the web sessions, you enter on a registration form the data we need to contact you with respect to these web sessions.
(3) We process these data for the purpose of facilitating your attendance at the web sessions and the organiser’s communication with you for business or advertising purposes, should you have opted for this.
(4) The legal basis is therefore point 1(b) of Art. 6(1) GDPR, according to which your data may also be processed without your consent when this becomes necessary for the purpose of fulfilling a contract with the data subject or of implementing measures prior to the conclusion thereof. Although the contract rights accorded in the civil code continue unaffected between you and IndustryArena GmbH, this provider can offer the facilities needed to attend the web sessions only when we process your data. We store your data until the legal retention period expires. This is based on point 1(c) of Art. 6(1) GDPR in conjunction with § 147 AO (German tax laws), under which data may be processed without your consent when we fulfil thereby a legal obligation. Under § 147 AO, we are obliged to archive for at least six years all data relevant to taxation. This retention period commences at the end of the calendar year in which the web session you first registered for took place.
What happens when I consent to receiving further details from the presenter for a web session?
(1) When registering for a single web session, you may check the box “I want the presenter to send me further details after the web session” to consent to this company’s using the details you provided to contact you for advertising purposes as described in the transparency statement. Details of this consent are as follows: (2) All data whose processing is described under the heading “How are my data processed when a ticket is ordered?” are utilised by the presenters’ companies – when you have opted for this – as independent controllers, if necessary for contacting you for advertising purposes with respect to these companies’ web sessions you have chosen to attend or the subjects or products presented therein. (3) Contact for advertising purposes is made over the contact channels you specified when registering your web session account (e.g. by e-mail or telephone). (4) In content terms, contact for advertising purposes includes every statement made by the presenters’ companies targeting the sale of goods or provision of services presented in the web session. These are specifically – but not restricted to – invitations, customer satisfaction surveys, and offers for actual events and products. (5) The purpose of this option is to allow the presenters’ companies to contact you for advertising purposes and/or via the named contact channels. (6) The legal basis is your consent as defined under point 1(a) of Art. 6(1) GDPR. (7) We process your data to the extent you have consented to until you revoke this consent. You may revoke your consent at any time with future effect, for instance by sending an informal message over one of the above contact channels (“Who we are?”).
Who can potentially access your data? And: Do data leave the European Union?
We transmit your data to external service providers for the purpose of facilitating your attendance at our events, providing IT support, organising events (including specifically event documentation), and contacting you for advertising purposes. These service providers are screened and vetted with care and bound by contract according to the law. In this respect, we also include external service providers, specifically IT and e-mail service providers, based outside of the European Union. This is additionally justified in that we select only those providers whose data processing has been awarded an adequacy decision (e.g. PrivacyShield framework) and which therefore fulfil Art. 45 GDPR.
When are my data erased, and how long are they stored for?
(1) The storage duration of your registration data for the web sessions is four weeks following your first attendance at a web session.
(2) There will be further web sessions in future. – If, after this period, you want to use your registration details for future attendances or logins, we can also store these data for longer periods exclusively for this purpose. You can opt for this when registering.
What are your rights?
You have the right to information with respect to your processed personal data, to their rectification or deletion, to their restricted processing, and to their portability, and you have the right to object to their processing. Furthermore, you have the right to file a complaint about us before the supervisory authority assigned to us. We wish to point out at this juncture that these rights may be linked to certain prerequisites that must be fulfilled.