Login Register
CHIRON Group SE Forum

PERFORMANCE MEETS PRECISION

Community Club House > NEED HELP!!!

Thread: NEED HELP!!!

Exclamation NEED HELP!!!

Hello guys
    i need help from you and i hope you can answer me as soon as possible
    first of all you need to know that im using Mach3 plasma machine that i built it and am having a problem with it
    every time i try to operate it , it works good and every thing is perfect without the torch on , but the breakout board disrupts when the torch goes on and i dont know why thats happening , its been the third time i change the breakout board but it still disrupts (by the way the breakout board works fine with torch on when i use the Hypertherm plasma cutter but it disrupts when i use the ESAB pcm-875 )(and another thing the Hypertherm plasma cutter disrupted thats why i changed it with the esab cutter)
    please if you know the answer tell me soon
    and thanks for who ever helps me

If you haven't already tried this, use a different circuit for the plasma cutter and the motion controller. Ground the system to a known good ground, and check the grounds to make sure they're really working. Shield all the cables leading in or out of your breakout board, and ground all the shielding at one end only. And if none of that works, consider building a Faraday cage around your breakout board to protect it from RFI.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Thank you a lot for these informations i'll do as you said and see what will happen