586,477 active members*
3,755 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
CHIRON Group SE Forum

PERFORMANCE MEETS PRECISION

Centroid CNC Control Products > Membrane Keyboard Quit Working

Membrane Keyboard Quit Working

My membrane keyboard on my M400S quit working. I've tried several things to get it working again without any success:

- Replaced with new membrane keyboard ($650 - ouch)
    - Pulled daughter board from motherboard, cleaned connectors on daughter board and right angle adapter with scotchbrite. Examined PCI connector on motherboard. Pulled cable from daughter board to membrane keyboard and reset.
    - Changed out SD hard drive with working version from a few years back
    - Dug through set up parameters within Centroid. Didn't find anything to change except for ability to turn on/off membrane keyboard. Went ahead and changed, then rebooted. Still does not work.
    - Noted that when booting program, lights on membrane keyboard flash, so I don't think it's a power supply problem.
    - Unplugged pendant in case it had a short.

I'm not sure what to do next. It could be a problem with the daughter board, but since all other functions it performs seem to work OK, it's probably unlikely. I have been able to:
    - home system
    - run programs
    - move the table using G-code using MDI

Other things I could do:
    - Check cable from daughter board to membrane keyboard with voltmeter for breaks or shorts. It was supposedly done, but I didn't do it myself, so I don't know exactly what was done.

I'm running Centroid version 2.7 on Red Hat Linux.

Any ideas?

Re: Membrane Keyboard Quit Working

Here's something I didn't mention before.

I get a message about the PCI when I boot Centroid. Here it is:

PCI driver not loaded, checking for legacy card
    Dual port base address = d0000
    Return code 66

When I look at the computer boot log, I see this right near the end of the log:

PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device00:07.2
    PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 00:0b.2
    PLC driver v1.20
    Pci9050: ERROR no supported devices found

I don't know if this is really an error. It may find a legacy card, and I don't remember if I've seen this message before when it was working. In any case, Most CNC functions still work, so it must be talking to the card.

There's also a message in the Centroid message box that relates to my other post:

Jog Panel Offline
    422 Check Jog Panel Cable