587,968 active members*
3,236 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
CIMATRON Forum
T-Slot CNC building > NEW NOOB and all over the Place

NEW NOOB and all over the Place

Hello 1stly and glad to be on this forum and hope when my feet is wet i can help in any aspect that i can my background is mechanical and spray Painting in Bikes, Custom Computer Build Mods and OC, Hard Core Water cooling, So that is my three Trades .

about three hours ago i just found out about CNC and how it can help to give my old and new customers the Custom look they Want but without the price TAG..

So i decided to Start a Frame but i have no clue what is good and what is not.

am in Australia Melbourne. i got access to and in my possesion now the aluminum like the 80/20 to star my rig, i need help please as is this design is sufficent enough with extra reinforcment for me to drill and mill copper and aluminum. . ..

the Picture of my Material For frame as well as the design i picked in here anykind of advice would be so much appreciated to i am really lost of what design to choose and hardware. . .

thanks so much for taking the time to read and for any mechanical spray painting or computer issues please feel free to ask. . .

Facebook

Hell'o evilr1

Being new myself I don't have much to offer except do a lot of reading on this site. There is a wealth of info here and the main thing is figuring out what you want your machine to do. that will of course determine the type you build, size motors, etc.
    Also start studying the software part, unless your already good at cad/cam and mach3, there is a lot to learn so as not to run your bits into the table...lol. ( still learning that part)

Anyway take care and good luck....chris

Thanks Chris i do computers for a living building moding ect with computers, i have been using and setting up for people alot of different cad softwares and setting up their system for optimal performance and water cooling their parts of drivers and various things but to be honest with you i never initialised or set up the motors for them, so am not sure if it will be okay or i can handle it as you are doing it now with my computer knowledge what do you think.?

i was wanting to mill compressed fitting water block for cpu and various other mods with aluminum and copper aswell as plastics that was my question before on the forum what design would most suit that and as i had no reply i did exactly what u said but with a help of one of my customer who is an engineer and he thought me some surprisingly amazing thing to me which i didnt know about that some of the Cad software can do flexing flow weakness stress and various points that the software calculates for you which just blew me away. and most not all incase i get quoted here.

have some major flex and structure problems which i found no one on any forums i searched ever mentioned or talked about. lets say X,Y,Z Axel most design i seen compramise's two Axel's it either X or Y but always the Z, so i sketched some different idea's to him and lucky came up with something that he said should be okay. . .

Another thing chris is your motors getting hot at all for i read alot about people saying their motor and driver controller is always getting hot just wanting to check with you for am waiting for some parts and it will take up to 3 weeks to get to me so i have no clue and if they do by the time am waiting could design a cooler for it so i can run the Spindle motors driver and power in a water loop. ..

or just dumping the whole electronics in a fish tank kind of housing like how i mod some of the computer completely covered in Liquid. . .

Thanks for the Reply If anything i would try my best to help

No fish tank

lol ...Hey evil, I just had to put that as a title because I love the idea. to submerge all the electronics in liquid is a " cool " idea but I don't think you have to go that far. Normally the nema 23's run pretty hot. You can hold them but not for too long, around 120+ is normal.
    the flex problems you mention can be ( could be ) a result of speed and depth. I really have no idea but it seems to be a good guess! If you have good support on the gantry there should be no major flex.
    Anyway I've already lost track of your questions so hopefully someone could chime in with better ideas............anybody out there?????lol

ps; Not really nuts just learning too.......chris