586,905 active members*
3,063 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
CIMATRON Forum
Fanuc > screen saving function for 18i

screen saving function for 18i

Hi,

Does anyone know how to turn on the screen saving function for the controller monitor?

On one of our machines, after the controller hasn't been touched for a short period of time, the screen turns off. Then, when a soft-key is pressed, it comes back on.

Is this something controlled by a parameter in Fanuc, or is this solely a manufacturer add-on?
    "'Tis a poor workman who blames his tools."

I believe you're looking for Prm 3123 "Time until screen clear function is applied". Valid range = 1 to 255. Set to 0, and screen will not clear.

Dave

Thanks,

I will look into that Monday. I am assuming that "screen clear" means to turn off the screen, and not something more dangerous.

Cheers!
    "'Tis a poor workman who blames his tools."

Are there "hot" key to start the screen saver. I ran an 0m that used Alt-Cancel as hot keys.

yeah think like prog. cancle or some thing like that i would have to go mess with it but they do have it
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

Try pressing on the keyboard "Program" and "Cancel" at the same time. I have several Fanuc control machines and it works.