586,465 active members*
3,703 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
CIMATRON Forum
News Announcements > Introducing the "Xaser"- Low cost laser marking mill/router add-on - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 234

Question

Quote Originally Posted by XaserSystems View Post
    Ok, sorry for the delay guys. We are in the middle of a re-think on the lower power module. We may be scrapping the lower power unit as we have almost zero interest in comparison to the higher power unit.

The higher power units should be available in a few days. I am working on getting the video up also.

I will keep you guys updateded the next few days.
    A few days have passed, (more like 1 1/2 months ) and no new infomation on your laser modules. Something smells fishy here!!!!...Are you also known as CNCBridges.com...because it sure resembles the same old MO---BS ???? (nuts)

any news about the XASER?????
    It's more than 4 months that i tried emailing them, but got no answer????
    what do you think it's going on?

My opinion just some guy trying to see how much of our time he can waste. Forget it and move on
    Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!

I agree, after not hearing and not having any info on the product seems a little odd. I would be surprised to see the product released. For some peoples knowledge, it is possible to build a 1w or 5w solid state laser cheaply, but you would need some electronics knowledge. There is a book out there that has plenty of circuit diagrams for building different lasers. A guy at my work has it so ill have to double check the name but its made by something like the evil mad scientist or evil genius and the book is about lasers. Had both solid state and CO2 lasers an their electronic circuits. Not ba for such a book.

Daniel

Well shoot and here I had my heart set on buying a gross of these for setting up my new factory :-(0 sob;sob;sob

Soooo.... Pinch my nipple, I dont think this is going to materialize, and what a shame... sounds like exactly what I need to burn paint off my PCBs for chemical etching.

Shoot dang it-
    Andrew

No !!!! don't tell me this was vaporware :-((((((((((

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTango View Post
    Soooo.... Pinch my nipple, I dont think this is going to materialize, and what a shame... sounds like exactly what I need to burn paint off my PCBs for chemical etching.

Shoot dang it-
    Andrew
    Just google CD burner laser, there a quite a few people and mostly kids pulling lasers out of CD/DVD burners and using the lasers to melt plastic and light paper on fire, should be enough for what you need, and probably cheap to free also.

Re: Introducing the "Xaser"- Low cost laser marking mill/router add-on

Hello all...I just saw this post and I'm not sure what you are doing....Are you adding a laser to a carvewright machine. If so , let me know how you made out.Im currently adding a diode laser to my shopsabre,but i was a little worried about the input power to the laser and pwm sharing a ground. The people at wincnc apparently had one send 12 volts back to the pci slot where the controller card is and fried it.
    Thanks,
    Ben

Page 4 of 4 234