587,181 active members*
3,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
EMUGE-FRANKEN Forum
BobCad-Cam > Learn the truth about BobCAD-CAM - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 12
    BurrMan, when opening said speaker sound thingy,
    under "playback tab" there is just two-- "speakers-realtek high def audio default device" with GREEN check mark and " speakers- 3 Logitech USB Headset" in the playback box.

In "Recording" tab-- 3 are available----"microphone" and "line in" both NOT PLUGGED IN
    "Micophone Logitech USB headset" has GREEN checkmark

In "Sounds" tab standard factory looking I think

In "communications" tab- reduce the volume of other sounds by 80% checked

Clues ??, rj

Hi rjmorel,
    Ok, so thats good. So what you should do are 2 things... Since you have the usb headset/earphones thing (I think this is what you are using), you can set that as "default" from there... This will have that one set to use when it's plugged in, then it will default to the outside speakers if you unplug the headset.. This is the way my usb headset is configured...

The second thing is it shows you DO have the realtek HD audio device... Lets start by being sure that the device drivers for that are the ones from HP, that are updated... The driver is found here:

Software & Driver Downloads Compaq Presario SR5633WM Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

If you select windows 7 32 bit as the operating system, then the first selection down is "audio". Click the little plus sign and there you will find the latest audio driver from HP for that device... (It actually links to this file here:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwa...-1/sp44379.exe

Run that update on your system and set the usb headset as default, then lets see if this gets things going for you...

If this doesnt help, then the next step would be to look for the manufacturers updated driver, direct from realtek guy's, but lets not do that if not needed..

Also, while this is going on, if you have any youngn's around that are more techy, have them look at just the basic settings of the sound devices to be sure it's not more simple than I am making it. Sometimes those usb headsets have little switches that can mute things, but I think you said it works fine for other things, and only drops out for the web communications. The "set as default" setting may change this behaviour.

Talk later.

will give it a go tomorrow Burrman, I really appreciate your help, rj

No worries rj,
    One of the more simple things to try before all this, is to be sure it's not just the internet browser blocking it (They can)

What browser are you using? If it is Internet Explorer (Microsofts) then look here and be sure this is checked before you do all the other stuff.

a. Click Start, type the following command in the Start > Run box, and then press ENTER:

inetcpl.cpl

The Internet Options dialog box appears.
    b. Click ‘Advanced ‘tab, under multimedia select the check box for ’Play sound in webpages’.
    c. Close internet option window.

If the box was "unchecked" then this was most likely the issue. If you are using a different browser, we can look at those too.

’Play sound in webpages’ was checked.
    Using Internet Explorer 9
    Gotta get a mold machine running then will try other thing you mentioned asap ,rj

In the list of threads, the subject is shown as:

Build Thread- Learn the truth about BobCAD-CAM

This doesn't seem to be a "Build Thread".
    Is that the "truth about BobCAD-CAM"?

Ken
    Kenneth Lerman
    55 Main Street
    Newtown, CT 06470

Did all of the above and I can hear youtube music through my USB set. Unplug it and it reverts to the moniter speakers, plug in usb set and sound returns to USB phones. So I'll try again on Tues webinar and see. I think the problem was USB phones not set to default . Thanks again Burrman for digging me out. rj

Quote Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
    Did all of the above and I can hear youtube music through my USB set. Unplug it and it reverts to the moniter speakers, plug in usb set and sound returns to USB phones. So I'll try again on Tues webinar and see. I think the problem was USB phones not set to default . Thanks again Burrman for digging me out. rj
    Hi rj,
    I found this link where you can test it out before the meeting arrives, so you dont miss what you want..

Event #119479: Browser Test (do not delete)

If you go there, then wait about 5 seconds, you should hear the guy speaking... if it works there, it should work for your meeting....

Take care.

Bingo , heard it loud and clear. :banana:

How do you find all this stuff out Burrman? (group)

I feel like I'm about 20 years behind in Inet and cnc stuff, rj

Quote Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
    Bingo , heard it loud and clear. :banana:
    Hey rj,
    Thats great. I hope it works for you come meeting time.. I suppose that something COULD still go wrong. if it does, we should get you hooked up with the support guy's that can help so you can see/hear the webinars.

How do you find all this stuff out Burrman? (group)
    The "emoticon" you chose for this sentance was a good explanation = (group)

I feel like I'm about 20 years behind in Inet and cnc stuff
    You dont ever have to worry about that. I'm sure I could learn alot from you and your experience!

Just remember you are in a room of "millions".. The trick is to learn to block out the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by lerman View Post
    In the list of threads, the subject is shown as:

Build Thread- Learn the truth about BobCAD-CAM

This doesn't seem to be a "Build Thread".
    Is that the "truth about BobCAD-CAM"?

Ken
    Hi Ken,
    Well, the choices that you are forced to choose from on the zone are:

Need Help
    New Machine Build
    Build Thread
    Solved
    Problem

DO you have a suggestion as to which one fits better?

BTW: Is that how you attain "Gold Member" Status on the zone?

Pity we don't have a like button for Burr's post above.

not working in webinar. Seems like it can't connect to audio . Tries to reconnect but nothing happens , checked my speaker properties and the usb headset is the default and shows its working on my end as in all the above posts. Now it says they are experiencing audio difficulties on their end. Tried hitting "try again" to reconnect button on control panel of go to meeting but it can't connect for some reason. Rats ,this webinar looked pretty good too.
    argh, rj

Called go to meeting support and I think they figured out that my Norton firewall was blocking the audio. He changed some settings on my computer and setup a webinar meeting and I was able to hear and talk to him. So I think its a go for the next BC webinar next Tues. thanks again for all your help. rj

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Hi Ken,
    Well, the choices that you are forced to choose from on the zone are:

Need Help
    New Machine Build
    Build Thread
    Solved
    Problem

DO you have a suggestion as to which one fits better?

BTW: Is that how you attain "Gold Member" Status on the zone?
    You are not "forced" to chose one of those options. You can leave it as (no prefix).

I believe that I got my "Gold Member" Status the old fashioned way -- I bought it. (That is, I made a contribution.)

Ken
    Kenneth Lerman
    55 Main Street
    Newtown, CT 06470

Quote Originally Posted by lerman View Post
    You are not "forced" to chose one of those options. You can leave it as (no prefix).
    Ken
    Have you actually "created a new topic" in the forum for anything?? The last time I created a new thread, I was forced to choose one of those also... Maybe there is some criteria that allows you NOT to choose one, or forced to choose one? I dont know, but I have been "Forced" to do it in a new topic I created.

Will you create a new thread in this forum that "Doesnt" have one of those selections in it please?

I believe that I got my "Gold Member" Status the old fashioned way -- I bought it. (That is, I made a contribution.)
    Thanks for that... Users of the forum appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Have you actually "created a new topic" in the forum for anything?? The last time I created a new thread, I was forced to choose one of those also... Maybe there is some criteria that allows you NOT to choose one, or forced to choose one? I dont know, but I have been "Forced" to do it in a new topic I created.

Will you create a new thread in this forum that "Doesnt" have one of those selections in it please?

Thanks for that... Users of the forum appreciate that.
    Well, I stand corrected. I just tried to do that an couldn't. That leaves me with a question, though. Why do I see some threads that have no prefix? If I look at "New Posts" from the main menu, some have a prefix; others do not.

How did those get created?

Ken
    Kenneth Lerman
    55 Main Street
    Newtown, CT 06470

I saw some of those also Ken. The only thing I could figure from a quick glance was that the one I looked at was from 2006. Maybe a question for the forum moderators.

Page 2 of 2 12