587,468 active members*
3,067 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
EMUGE-FRANKEN Forum
HURCO > Need help z-axis encoder

Need help z-axis encoder

Need help/advice from experienced members of the group, about the Yaskawa feed back unit model: TFUE-25ZD7. The coded disc of this unit has been broken during transportation of HUCRO BMC10 machining center. Please guide from where I can get the disc or encoder. If some body can help giving me the specification of encoder. Is there any compatible unit or disc available in the market? Want to save $$. Thanks

Best place to check is Ebay "around the world." Meaning all the Ebay's, in US, Canada, UK, etc. That's where I found an encoder for my Hurco when I needed one. Same thing happened to by disc, it was broken along shipping.

need help Z-axis

There is one available at Ebay, asking $ 999.00, which I thing to much for an old used encoder, on the other side Yaskawa offering a new one for $ 1150-00. This an old model only positing encoder, can I use any any encoder instead of paying for much, I am looking for the specification of this encoder. What you suggest for any other encoder of same voltage and PPM, any technical help? Thanks for responding.

If you are sure it is positioning only, does not have commutation tracks on it if AC servo, then you should be able to sub it if you know the pulse resolution, and it is incremental and not an absolute encoder.
    if it is hollow shaft mount, then their are manuf. like Hengstler or Renco can probabally match it up.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

need help Z-axis

This encoder is only for positioning only, old model for DC servo, incremental, not a hallow shaft one, I do not know the PPM. I have requested the manufacturer for details. I only know +5 volt., with Dc generator. Please advice from where I can get the technical details of YASKAWA TFUE-25ZD7 and what will be best alternative of this.

If remove the encoder and open it up and inspect the glass scale, the resolution in p/rev is sometimes etched near the centre hub.
    This may be worth a try.
    Did you also try Yaskawa support?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

need help Z-axis

Thanks! I will try to read the disc.,and let you know, on the other hand have tried to contact YASKWA for specification no reply. Can you suggest any information zone for Yaskawa?