586,075 active members*
4,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
EMUGE-FRANKEN Forum
Machines running Mach Software > Question about Ports with Smooth Stepper Board

Question about Ports with Smooth Stepper Board

The motherboard in the PC that runs my CNC Kneemill died, Ive since purchased a new PC to run it and reinstalled Mach 3. I've did my best to reinstall the old XML, but had to input the Pins manually with old information and clarified yesterday the information was correct by looking at the Smooth Stepper Board. Its a CNC4PC C25 Smooth Stepper which uses an Ethernet cable.
    My question is, how do I know which port to input into Mach 3? I've verified in the device manager that LPT1 is my printer port but it doesn't let me actually see the port name. Port 2 has the limiting switches installed into it.

Re: Question about Ports with Smooth Stepper Board

I've verified I'm missing the Mach 3 ESS plugin for smooth steppers. Ive downloaded this and will be putting it into my machine shortly.

Nevermind all. Got it all sorted myself. In the old PC, the hard drive had a help folder and all the required Mach 3 Plugins to run the Smooth Stepper. It was a struggle despite all the documentation. I had to change the address of my Ethernet cable output on the new computer so it would communicate with the C25R3 Smooth stepper Board. All I have left to do is get the spindle configuration setup as the X and Y axis function fine now that the motors are tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Swh05 View Post
    Nevermind all. Got it all sorted myself. In the old PC, the hard drive had a help folder and all the required Mach 3 Plugins to run the Smooth Stepper. It was a struggle despite all the documentation. I had to change the address of my Ethernet cable output on the new computer so it would communicate with the C25R3 Smooth stepper Board. All I have left to do is get the spindle configuration setup as the X and Y axis function fine now that the motors are tuned. mario games

I've been having trouble running the Kneemill CNC all week now and I thought the problem was with the PC. I almost tried buying a new one until I read your comment. I just downloaded Mach 3 ESS and everything runs very smoothly.