588,484 active members*
5,037 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
EZCAM Forum
Chinese Machines > ATC Compressor Selection

ATC Compressor Selection

Hi All,

New to the forum and new to CNC ownership. I recently purchased a machine from Style CNC, model STM 1530C, and am in the process of setting it up. I need to purchase a compressor to run 3 components of the machine: the ATC spindle which is a HSD ES 951 12 position linear, the pop-up alignment pins, and a set of pneumatic hold down rollers. I asked the manufacturer about the pressure and airflow requirements for the machine and was somewhat shocked at the response. They told me I needed 1 cubic meter per minute at 6-8 Bar, which translates to about 35 CFM at 100 PSI. That amount of airflow seemed excessive to me from comparing the requirements of similar machines made by Camaster. Is anyone running a machine with similar components? If so, what size compressor have you found to be adequate?

Thanks

Re: ATC Compressor Selection

@Drive Mad 2: Double-check the air requirements: The manufacturer's stated requirement of 1 cubic meter per minute at 6-8 Bar (35 CFM at 100 PSI) does seem quite high, so it's a good idea to verify this with them. Ask them to explain in more detail why such a large air supply is needed for your specific machine model and components.

Research similar machines: As you mentioned, compare the air requirements to other similar CNC machines, like the ones from Camaster. This can help you determine if the manufacturer's specs are accurate or potentially excessive.