587,518 active members*
3,149 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
HEIDENHAIN Forum
Waterjet General Topics > Anyone running the PlasmaRoute CNC "Blaze2" machine? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 234
    Got the Auto Tip to work now it cuts even better,
    This is 24" tall, 10 ga steel

I am building a water tray now and a Steel rack to hold the sheets of steel.
    Got some orders but now I work a full time job.

Just cut this out of 3/8 steel, it is 30 inch tall.

Are you cutting out files that came with the machine or are you importing your own files? Curious about the software and how easy/hard it is to learn.

It is about 50 50, Most people bring me Pic's files and some on paper. I use photo shop , Paintshop, on some of them then and then ArtCam. I Have not had time to work on the wood side or to see how to make a 3D router pic. Steel is what people want now, untill I show them the wood 3D then I would bet that the wood routing will be needed.
    I loaded ArtCam onto my home computer to work here at home. That is where I have the other two programs to work with and the internet.
    Some one painted a Pic of a wine bottle and glass on the side of a building. Someone took a pic of that painting and sent it to me to see if I could cut it out. You can see it come out. This one is 24 inch tall.

Thanks for the updates on your machine.

How exactly are you charging for your work? Overall size and complexity? You should consider getting into powdercoating.A small system to coat the size pieces your making wont hurt your wallet too bad.Then you could be a 1 stop sign shop for sure.I had to start coating myself cause I was outsourcing so much work. There is several guys on the powder forum that are originally "cutters" but then expanded to powdercoating their own parts too.

I have had a table like this for almost 2 years. Aside from some computer problems everything has been OK. One question how is your tip life with the TD plasma? I cut ¼ plate at 60 amps and 65ipm and have tips last 3 pierces and some last 60. And yes my air is dry. As of now my computer has died and I am having a problem setting it back up. Got a call in to PlasmaRout to get some help but not herd back yet.

I have been cutting 14 ga full 4 x 8 sheet (cutting out firerings with horse's on them) and the tip still looks great. 3/16 60 amps cuts great and tip is lasting long time.
    Steve and Nick calls back within a day. I will go and look at the setting, I have been taking time right out of the plasmabook I down loaded from the web site. Now there is an free update on the hardware on the box that converts the volts from the plasma cutter to the computer. ( Auto Tip Conrtol box, small black one) . You will just need to mail it back to him. ( in TX.) if you have there convert box.

Just noticed that saw blade/deer cutout is in 3/8th.What torch did you go with?

The table I have is 10 foot long by 5foot 4 inch wide and the servo's stick out of each side about 1 foot, so add 2 more foot to the 5'4" for the room you need. I can cut about 50 inch wide by 9 foot long.
    I have my computer, compresser and plasma mach in one room, keeping it A/C in the summer and heated ( low) in the winter. This keeps almost all of the dirt and grit out of of the things that don't like that stuff.
    I cut the 3/8" with a 60 amp tip and it comes out great. THe setup on all of the cuts are what the book has them at and I am getting about 100 start cuts out of a tip. I know by the jobs I am cutting are around 100 cuts on each 4foot by 3 foot 14 ga steel (deer jumping in the woods pic). Some times I try out the old used tips on small parts just to see what kind of cuts I get and most don't make it and go into the pot of bad tips. I am working on a water pan for the steel to sit in. How deep should the steel sit in the water?? just on top of the water? water just to the top of the steel?? or do I put the steel under water and cut with the tip in the water?? and if so how far in the water? 1/8" to 1/4". THis should work as long as the tip has air comming out and then it will blow out any water around the cut?? keeping the steel cool. and I will be looking for some stuff to put in the water too. keep the rust down.

I’ve have a Blaze2 water table from Plasma Route and I’ve been using about ten months. I use the center rail to reference the depth of my water. The water does cover the center rail, but it just sets below the metal as it sets on the slats. I’m using a homemade plasma quench and here is the recipe:
    ----------
    ¼ pound of sodium nitrite powder – note the spelling of “nitrite”
    1 teaspoon of Physan 20
    ------------------------------
    I was able to purchase the sodium nitrite from Amazon (one of their customers sells this powder)as well as the Physan 20. I’m really amazed how this keeps the rust down.
    I’ve also reused some of my tips. I just lightly file the tip until it is flat without any burrs on the tip. I watched this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3k-jXo6WEs]CNC Plasma Cutting Consumable Refurbishing - YouTube[/ame]

I hope you are having as much fun as I am!!

I have been getting a ton of messages and emails with questions about this table.

We talked with Plasmaroute and decided to make a video showing all the aspects of the machine that you need to know about when considering a machine.

I take you through the entire process of designing the part, converting it to a G code, and cutting it out.

Watch it here and let me know what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by InflatibleDog View Post
    I have been getting a ton of messages and emails with questions about this table.

We talked with Plasmaroute and decided to make a video showing all the aspects of the machine that you need to know about when considering a machine.
    When did you buy your Blaze 2?

I bought mine in February and mine did not come with the Digital Torch Height Control.

Mine had an Automatic Torch Height Control built in. No external box.

After over a year since I started this thread I finally went ahead and made my absolute final decision - my deposit is now on the way for the Blaze table.

I'm calling for a quote today. The Blaze seems pretty good. It's hard to figure out where to spend $12,000.

Quote Originally Posted by jim-c View Post
    I'm calling for a quote today. The Blaze seems pretty good. It's hard to figure out where to spend $12,000.
    Jim,

This is an older thread,now you can read up on our after purchase reviews here.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_pl...c_machine.html

Several people are in there including me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykat View Post
    Jim,

This is an older thread,now you can read up on our after purchase reviews here.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnc_pl...c_machine.html

Several people are in there including me.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jim-c View Post
    Thanks.
    No problem,if you have any questions ask away.I was in your same shoes thinking the same thing especially the dam $12k+ is a lot of $ to spend on the wrong machine.

plasma route cnc

Worst machine i have ever bought gave them them the deposit couldnt have asked for better people answered the phone and emails all the time once they received the rest of the deposit nowhere to be found would not answer my emails or phone calls
    Table is junk as far as i am concerned can not make long cuts with it as it will jump when cutting have screwed up several sheets because of this have went thru everything and have yet to find the problem
    Me personally i will never use this company again as i have had nothing but problems out of this machine since i bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by PIPEHAND13S View Post
    Worst machine i have ever bought gave them them the deposit couldnt have asked for better people answered the phone and emails all the time once they received the rest of the deposit nowhere to be found would not answer my emails or phone calls
    Table is junk as far as i am concerned can not make long cuts with it as it will jump when cutting have screwed up several sheets because of this have went thru everything and have yet to find the problem
    Me personally i will never use this company again as i have had nothing but problems out of this machine since i bought it.
    Sorry to hear about the problems your having. I'm expecting delivery in two weeks. Others seem to really like the Blaze. Don't give up, hopefully it's repairable.

Jim i"ve been running my table from plasmaroute for about 3 months now and i have not had any issues with it,other than the dummy running the programs lol. I have never had to call Steve or Nikkie on anything with the table. So sorry to hear about Pipehands troubles.

Page 4 of 4 234