588,503 active members*
5,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
HEXAGON - Banner
HEXAGON Forum

Design. Make. Inspect.

Okuma > can't open/close chuck in auto mode (LU-15/OSP 7000L)
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n cjr01\r\n \r\n
\r\n cjr01 is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n

\r\n can\'t open/close chuck in auto mode (LU-15/OSP 7000L)\r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n Hi Guys,
\r\n
\r\nHaving trouble opening/closing chuck - it works fine in manual mode, but not in auto mode.
\r\neg: when cycle finishes, have to switch back to manual, swap part, switch back to auto, cycle start.
\r\n
\r\nThis is a pain in the ass but I have just dealt with it for a while now.
\r\n
\r\nThe issue is I have a job now that I would like to bar-pull.
\r\nM83/M84 work in MDI, but when I try to use them in a program the chuck will open but then the program just stops (no error messages, just stops).
\r\n
\r\nThis is not the original chuck/actuator on this machine.
\r\nThe original setup was a little odd which I am sure my not understanding it is what is causing this issue!!
\r\n
\r\nThe machine has 2 hydraulic circuits for the actuator but they appear to work together.
\r\n2 individual valves with 2 individual sets of hoses running to the actuator (2 seperate pressure gauges & the pressure for each can be adjusted independently).
\r\nHowever, they both operate together when the foot pedal is pressed.
\r\n
\r\nI currently only have 1 of these circuits connected to the actuator & the other is blanked with the pressure set to zero.
\r\n
\r\nThere is also 4 proximity sensors that weren\'t attached to the old actuator when I bought the machine, so I am not sure of the correct arrangement.
\r\nI have currently just got a dodgy setup where I have just manually \'tricked\' them to get things up & running (ie: they\'re not actually mounted to actuator).
\r\n
\r\nThe prox sensors are currently setup/tricked as follows:
\r\n- 1 is always on
\r\n- 1 is on for OD clamping (but needs to be off for ID clamping)
\r\n- 1 is on for ID clamping (but needs to be off for OD clamping)
\r\n- 1 is always off, but if turned on sends unclamp signal (I\'m thinking this is where my problem might be)
\r\n
\r\n
\r\nIf anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!!
\r\n
\r\n
\r\nPS:
\r\nAnother less important but still annoying issue:
\r\nThe chuck clamping has a delay (approx. 6 seconds).
\r\nie: when clamping, press foot pedal, wait 6 seconds, chuck closes.
\r\nBut when unclamping it will open immediately.
\r\n
\r\nI\'m thinking it must be a parameter setting somewhere, as the delay swaps when changing from OD to ID clamping.
\r\nThe 6 seconds repeats every time & is uneffected by changing chuck pressure.\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[2416436] = "2416436,2416436"; pn[0] = ",2416436"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[800233] = "cjr01"; // -->

Threaded View

can't open/close chuck in auto mode (LU-15/OSP 7000L)

Hi Guys,

Having trouble opening/closing chuck - it works fine in manual mode, but not in auto mode.
    eg: when cycle finishes, have to switch back to manual, swap part, switch back to auto, cycle start.

This is a pain in the ass but I have just dealt with it for a while now.

The issue is I have a job now that I would like to bar-pull.
    M83/M84 work in MDI, but when I try to use them in a program the chuck will open but then the program just stops (no error messages, just stops).

This is not the original chuck/actuator on this machine.
    The original setup was a little odd which I am sure my not understanding it is what is causing this issue!!

The machine has 2 hydraulic circuits for the actuator but they appear to work together.
    2 individual valves with 2 individual sets of hoses running to the actuator (2 seperate pressure gauges & the pressure for each can be adjusted independently).
    However, they both operate together when the foot pedal is pressed.

I currently only have 1 of these circuits connected to the actuator & the other is blanked with the pressure set to zero.

There is also 4 proximity sensors that weren't attached to the old actuator when I bought the machine, so I am not sure of the correct arrangement.
    I have currently just got a dodgy setup where I have just manually 'tricked' them to get things up & running (ie: they're not actually mounted to actuator).

The prox sensors are currently setup/tricked as follows:
    - 1 is always on
    - 1 is on for OD clamping (but needs to be off for ID clamping)
    - 1 is on for ID clamping (but needs to be off for OD clamping)
    - 1 is always off, but if turned on sends unclamp signal (I'm thinking this is where my problem might be)

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!!

PS:
    Another less important but still annoying issue:
    The chuck clamping has a delay (approx. 6 seconds).
    ie: when clamping, press foot pedal, wait 6 seconds, chuck closes.
    But when unclamping it will open immediately.

I'm thinking it must be a parameter setting somewhere, as the delay swaps when changing from OD to ID clamping.
    The 6 seconds repeats every time & is uneffected by changing chuck pressure.