Siemens Forum

Digital Industries, Motion Control, Machine Tool Systems

EMCO Mills > PC mill 55 slow spindle speed
\r\n\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n michaelwoodcock\r\n \r\n
\r\n michaelwoodcock is offline\r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n Member\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n
\r\n \r\n

\r\n PC mill 55 slow spindle speed\r\n

\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n With a regular volt meter (not sure if its suitable to the task for measuring output volts) I\'ve checked the resistance between phases, the continuity of ground, there\'s no shorts to ground, etc.
\n
\nWhen measuring the 3 phase volt output I measure only around 20V per phase! BUT there is 130V or so between each phase and ground.
\n
\nThe spindle speed is about 15rpm no matter what I do!
\n
\nHere\'s some pictures! Missing the volt pictures, hard to take a pic while holding two leads & volt meter
\n
\n
\n
\n
\n
\n
\n
\n
\nAs a backs story, about a year ago when I last used it it was wired up for 120. I was starting a program when the amchine tripped my circuit breaker. I wired it up for 220 and today when I went to use it, no spindle speed. Wired everything back and put the PC and CNC on seperate circuits to avoid tripping the breaker, still no spindle speed.\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n Reply With Quote Reply With Quote \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n \r\n
\r\n
\r\n
\r\n\r\n'; // next/previous post info pn[2586164] = "2586164,2586164"; pn[0] = ",2586164"; // cached usernames pu[0] = guestphrase; pu[175354] = "michaelwoodcock"; // -->

Threaded View

PC mill 55 slow spindle speed

With a regular volt meter (not sure if its suitable to the task for measuring output volts) I've checked the resistance between phases, the continuity of ground, there's no shorts to ground, etc.

When measuring the 3 phase volt output I measure only around 20V per phase! BUT there is 130V or so between each phase and ground.

The spindle speed is about 15rpm no matter what I do!

Here's some pictures! Missing the volt pictures, hard to take a pic while holding two leads & volt meter

As a backs story, about a year ago when I last used it it was wired up for 120. I was starting a program when the amchine tripped my circuit breaker. I wired it up for 220 and today when I went to use it, no spindle speed. Wired everything back and put the PC and CNC on seperate circuits to avoid tripping the breaker, still no spindle speed.