Login Register
TDM Systems Forum

Digital. Experienced. Powerful. - 100% Tool Management

Excitech routers > Excitech Cnc Router Purchase - Page 54
Page 54 of 131 444525354555664104
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2602

Relief

Jimmy ,you are dead right.

We have sunk quite a few stubbies this arvo and my son cut crook at me for spilling a bit on the table.

I think that he can be chief operator of the machine.

This is the third crazy day in a row. You have no idea how our hearts sank when the machine would not start. But then the euphoria of seeing the green light come on has made our day. Us old blokes cannot handle this much excitement in one day. So lets give a big thankyou to Carlton United Breweries for providing our escape from the trials and tribulations of the
    ups and downs of our everyday lives.

Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    Jimmy ,you are dead right.

We have sunk quite a few stubbies this arvo and my son cut crook at me for spilling a bit on the table.

I think that he can be chief operator of the machine.

This is the third crazy day in a row. You have no idea how our hearts sank when the machine would not start. But then the euphoria of seeing the green light come on has made our day. Us old blokes cannot handle this much excitement in one day. So lets give a big thankyou to Carlton United Breweries for providing our escape from the trials and tribulations of the
    ups and downs of our everyday lives.

Rocket.
    Have a confesion to make rocket- I went out in sypathy for you.... Knocking the top off a few cold ones where I am also.

Won't say I'm an expert but am certainly comfortable with driving the machine. Current challenges are all software related (my ability to work in CAD)- getting close to my first true 3D toolpaths now.

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    editing these videos this one new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVd7F...eature=related

as well IWF show in atlanta in august

http://www.iwfatlanta.com/Home/tabid/135/Default.aspx

jim
    Is he just doing a straight rebadge of the Excitech machine?
    I hope it's someone starting out with video editing, because that song was horribly out of place

Rocket, congratulations, I bet you are just a little bit relieved now that you know it works!

Quote Originally Posted by howzat View Post
    Is he just doing a straight rebadge of the Excitech machine?
    I hope it's someone starting out with video editing, because that song was horribly out of place

Rocket, congratulations, I bet you are just a little bit relieved now that you know it works!
    You should have no problem recognising the machine Howzat.....

Hey, if it is in fact a direct import and well supported locally there should be plenty of happy customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy007 View Post
    You should have no problem recognising the machine Howzat.....

Hey, if it is in fact a direct import and well supported locally there should be plenty of happy customers.
    Yeah, I was just wondering if he would be importing them with the DSP system or adding his own Mach3 or Wincnc computer, or some other features...

Question answered though, I checked out the machines page:
    http://www.camaster.com/portal/Produ...4/Default.aspx
    and it is the DSP.

The specs seem a bit confused.. in the picture it says 2 hp spindle, then lower down it says 1 hp, it also says 24,000 rpm and then lower down it says it has a speed range of 6000 to 12,000 rpm..

Going from the Excitech web site I think it should be 2 hp and 24,000 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by howzat View Post
    Yeah, I was just wondering if he would be importing them with the DSP system or adding his own Mach3 or Wincnc computer, or some other features...

Question answered though, I checked out the machines page:
    http://www.camaster.com/portal/Produ...4/Default.aspx
    and it is the DSP.

The specs seem a bit confused.. in the picture it says 2 hp spindle, then lower down it says 1 hp, it also says 24,000 rpm and then lower down it says it has a speed range of 6000 to 12,000 rpm..

Going from the Excitech web site I think it should be 2 hp and 24,000 rpm.
    That would be right Howzat, 1.5kw close enough to 2hp and yes 24K rpm if its the spindle we think it looks like.

rocket

now the real fun begins, software and learning curve !!!

yes bill and josh have been selling the machine in us for a while, and if you'll
    look hard at the machine behind this machine you'll see another familiarity,

bill and his son really love what they do and it shows in thier willingness to get you runnin

ROCKET LETS ROCK

ok now
    all we gotta do is get kustom runnin and we will all have come full circle!!

as larry the cable guy would say "lets get her done"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PICT0077.jpg  

rocket

you ok?

jim

The Excitech on the move

G`day fellas, Finally near the end of one stinkin hot day. Might have had a few too many crownies.

Sure was a relief to see the router crank up.

The photos - Left to right

1) The ill fitting connection at the control box for the dsp.
    2) Son - Damien, obviously relieved.
    3)Charlie the chinee electrician
    4) Son and business partner Jeremy
    5) Myself
    6) Some of the crew

Rocket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00716.jpg   DSC00718.jpg   DSC00719.jpg   DSC00721.jpg  

DSC00724.jpg   DSC00722.jpg  

rocket

one of the electricians who hooked out stuff up some years age would take a pull strap sieze on on cord just past plug and attach another above plug box,

this would and has support plug for many years.

looks good lets get to routin, i will be looking at cabinetpro today

get some sleep jim

DUDE THAT ROUTER IS AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    you ok?

jim
    Hi Jim, Good as gold mate. Had a few too many crownies and may have had a bit of heatstroke. Got to 42 degrees today and it was bloody hot in that factory. Had a sleep and feeling great again.

You are right, now the hard work begins. Jeremy is coming to terms with V Carve Pro and as things settle down at work i will get some time to learn the ucancam software.

Seems that every year we get more and more busy in January at work. It is fantastic to be busy. Guess it is not easy to get out of holiday mode and back into the swing of things.
    Are you over your cold yet?

Rocket.

For those of you cutting cabinet parts and dovetail drawer boxes out of baltic birch, What HP vacuum do you need to give a proper hold on the smaller parts? I see anywhere from 10-25 hp and wonder if 10 is enough or whether I should stay with 25.

There is a very big difference in price and if it isn't necessary maybe I'll go with 10

I will be machining 3/4 plywood, 5/8 melamine, 1/2 BB ply and 1/4 plywood and also some 1/4 and 3/8 acrylic.

denny

so far my 10 hp has not let a part move i am sure kiethg can answer this as well

i just got my 37 pin hook up for my wincnc to control box and am about to hook it up and get off the dos program. i can't believe the support i am getting out of bill on this. got a call fot some 4rth axis carving on an organ for a large seminary today so i am ready to dedicate the original camaster to cutting and machining panels and move to another machine with a higher gantry and 4rth axis lathe. bill has sold a machine in wilmington nc and will be coming here

kieth bill will be coming monday instead of today as parts will not arrive in nc untill monday.

wow, i just had a delivery from australia,
    JIMMY Z YOU'RE THE RIPPER

AND I HOPE THAT MEANS SOMTHING REALLY GOOD
    I'LL TELL YOU ALL IN A MINUTE

JIM

Another Machine for OZ

Arrived yesterday,and so far so good.
    Having said that,just about all the small faults reported on previous posts have also shown up.
    Construction /Components = Excellent
    Electrical / Electronics =fair to Good ,(QC -Poor)
    Yet to test accuracy,Kent,stay tuned.
    All in all, happy with it at this stage,value for money.

Not to sure about the DSP,seems very limiting
    ie Unable to control Spindle speed through G-code
    some g-code not recognized, maybe mach would
    be a better way to go,not sure could be just me,
    another learning curve.

regards
    jubee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1110042.JPG   P1110041.JPG  

Question Becker Vacuum Pump

G`day all, Had a quick tinker with the vacuum pump yesterday. Turned it on for a few minutes but did not have much suction at the table. How long should it take for the tank to have enough suction?

There were no instructions supplied. The pump has six control knobs but i have no idea how they work.

Rocket.

Congratulations

jubee, you do not mess around. Arrived yesterday and you are routing already!

Machine looks great.

By the look of the bullshead sign you are using V Carve Pro. Are you new to cnc?

We had problems with the DSP cd. It will not upload on our computer. Did yours?

Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by jubee View Post
    Arrived yesterday,and so far so good.
    Having said that,just about all the small faults reported on previous posts have also shown up.
    Construction /Components = Excellent
    Electrical / Electronics =fair to Good ,(QC -Poor)
    Yet to test accuracy,Kent,stay tuned.
    All in all, happy with it at this stage,value for money.

Not to sure about the DSP,seems very limiting
    ie Unable to control Spindle speed through G-code
    some g-code not recognized, maybe mach would
    be a better way to go,not sure could be just me,
    another learning curve.

regards
    jubee
    Jubee,

You still got the factory transport Goo on the rails?

I'd swap that out sooner rather than later for something nice.

Where did you find the Spindle speed limitation? The DSP can (according to the manual) command the spindle drive to change frequency just as easy as it can forward a on off command- it is just a matter of feeding the right G code which the supplied software doesn't seem to.

What G Code isn't recognoised?

jubee, you do not mess around. Arrived yesterday and you are routing already!

Machine looks great.

By the look of the bullshead sign you are using V Carve Pro. Are you new to cnc?

We had problems with the DSP cd. It will not upload on our computer. Did yours?

Rocket.
    You probably have a dodgy CD also rocket (mine is).

Try the USB transfer method today- no advantage to the direct computer connection to hand controller that I am aware of. Yeah, you could see the toolpath in real time on the sreen- just look through the window instead...

G`day all, Had a quick tinker with the vacuum pump yesterday. Turned it on for a few minutes but did not have much suction at the table. How long should it take for the tank to have enough suction?

There were no instructions supplied. The pump has six control knobs but i have no idea how they work.

Rocket.
    You should have one big black knob on the pump, leave that where it is and possibly see that it is wound fully clockwise when you get up and running. Appears be some sorty of a bleed past to make life a bit easier for the pump if you were constantly running it in an application where near perfect VAC could be held (not the case here)....

Handle on RHS at machine front should be master VAC valve. Closed the pump should be able to pull down holding tank so gauge needle is almost fully CCW- this is where you will likely find (if it exists) air leaks between pump and table connection.

Other handles control which table zones VAC is routed to. Don't expect any spectacular visible or audible signs of operation without a job o the table.

Thanks

Jimmy, yes we will give it a go.

Your assistance to us newbies is priceless. You are the Aussie icon of cnc.

Rocket.

Page 54 of 131 444525354555664104