Register for free
Login Register
TDM Systems Forum

Digital. Experienced. Powerful. - 100% Tool Management

Excitech routers > Excitech Cnc Router Purchase - Page 52
Page 52 of 131 242505152535462102
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent_Norway View Post
    Here is a collection of 4th axis solutions which could be tried. I'm investigating the pin out for connectivity for the stepper solutions. Is there anyone who know how the steppers on you're machines are configured? 2 phase, 3 phase and connected in bipolar parallel connection? Nanotec has great description how to configure their steppers, so if I get the steppers name I could most likely figure out how they are connected and if a 4th axis would be able to be used (by swapping one of the initial axis to the 4th axis).

Note the D1 version which is just 83mm high, hence could fit under a machine with a Z working range of 100mm

http://www.iselautomation.de/product...lang=en&ID=c45

K
    Kent,

If you look at Rockets pic of the DSP board you will notice 4 yellow headers on the back side. Three with wires are X, Y & Z- the 'spare' (no wires connected) is labelled C and may well be a configurable output that may get your pool cues spinning.

Both Y axis stepper drivers are parallel connected to the same output on the DSP so you won't be able to configure as hoped.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy, no we are certainly not rolling in it ( yet ). Charlie came in to see what was required and we left it up to him to go and get everything he needed to do the job. We have not received his account yet. Might have to make time payments!

I have no idea where he put the Earth but i will get him to check it out.

The more we read about the DSP system makes us very confident with it.

The supplied fitting for the vacuum pump did not seem very tight. We will fit plenty of thread tape to it as you suggest. My son has already crawled inside the machine to check tightness of everything.

I have your phone no. taped to my phone. Expect an SOS call or two.

Hope you have gotten over your wog.

Rocket.

Jimmy,

That's great. However if I go for a SHM1312 or a SHM0609 I'm not sure which controller I would get (DSP). Taney has however kindly said that he would make sure I have the 4th axis available so I guess this should be alright. I do however need to know if a regular 2 phase stepper motor with potentially a bipolar parallel config (or which ever) would be the same as the 3 steppers connected to the controller. Would hate to spend big $ on a 4th axis to find that the steppers supplied with it would not fit the DSP board

K

Jimmy,

That's great. However if I go for a SHM1312 or a SHM0609 I'm not sure which controller I would get (DSP). Taney has however kindly said that he would make sure I have the 4th axis available so I guess this should be alright. I do however need to know if a regular 2 phase stepper motor with potentially a bipolar parallel config (or which ever) would be the same as the 3 steppers connected to the controller. Would hate to spend big $ on a 4th axis to find that the steppers supplied with it would not fit the DSP board

K

Kent,

When you look at the A+ A- B+ B- terminals as connected in Rockets PIC of the HAKO driver unit does that give you a clue? I'm not being smart- truth is I have no idea but that may help.

I do recall from my breif look at the HAKO documents that the drivers could, through the DIP switch setting be st to work with several stepper configs.

As you are getting the smaller machine I haven't opened the control cabinet, I do know HOWZAT had had a poke around inside his so may offer something.

Cheers,

Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy007 View Post
    Kent,

When you look at the A+ A- B+ B- terminals as connected in Rockets PIC of the HAKO driver unit does that give you a clue? I'm not being smart- truth is I have no idea but that may help.

I do recall from my breif look at the HAKO documents that the drivers could, through the DIP switch setting be st to work with several stepper configs.

As you are getting the smaller machine I haven't opened the control cabinet, I do know HOWZAT had had a poke around inside his so may offer something.

Cheers,

Jimmy
    Hmm, well I thought the picture with the controller interface and the Green and Yellow wire connections was the DSP. But it could be that this board is a front end for the YAKO which may be the "big brain". However the steppers are connected to the yellow connection pads as I understand this, so I guess the A+ A- etc is either a buss connected to the "green side" or then the D-sub cable is connected to the "green side" of the circuit board that the steppers are connected to. It's not easy to distinguish the different cables on the "green" side but there is a Red,Blue,Yellow cable but no Green....
    But I guess if we had a look at the "Yellow" side of the board we could see how many wires connected. From the picture it looks like 4 (by counting the soldered stubs going down to the circuit board) but it may not be that there are 4 cables connected on the other side.

As for me, I'm just trying to figure out how this is working, simply by studying you're pictures and the data sheets on commercial stepper motors, so please take my subjective evaluation as it is; Established from the high north by studying the different "bells and whistles".

If however there is a manual available I could read, I would be happy to study it for all of us which is potentially interested in a 4th axis. In case, please feel free to drop it in a email to me (PM me and I'll send you my email adr). Is "YAKO" the controller name, I would start searching for this on the web so we hopefully could get to the bottom of this
    K

Yako DSp

Hi found this http://www.tradekey.com/selloffer_view/id/989305.htm and have requested a user manual or some kind of documentation. Hopefully I receive something. In case any one has a manual, please don't hesitate to send it.

It looks like a good device - first impression that is.
    K

was all of the cable

markings supplied by the chinese or did sparky do that ?
    kent if you get a machine with a 4 axis driver your good to go.
    jim

kent

what size machine do you want would 40 inches of length work
    jim

Jim

I'm feeling that the circle is about to close
    Did you look at the 4th axis I linked to? This is the "real" Techno which I questt the US buys are buying from. You mentioned that you would looke for a 4th axis option, any luck so far and are you planning to use WinCNC and some kind of external controller ?

K

yes there is an option

and i am talking to a man on the phone who can show you
    hang tight
    jim

kent

this machine was developed buy bill glenn of www.camaster.com here in the US. he has another machine small like the sh 0609 which he sells and has in stock as well, when i saw this machine i thought of you. bill is coming here this week to work up my next machine as i will be going lathes as well, i just want a much bigger one for columns, bill is getting some photos of the smaller machine which has spindle or router and full rotary 4 rth axis this one was a laser in early stages the new one is perfect for pool cues, will be back with more jim

bill said the machine can be shipped to you air and is not all that expensive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_1919.JPG  

right after

i posted this one of our regional holiday inn and hotel franchises called and ordered 2 hotel packages we bid and is sending plans for 8-10 more,

today my second machine became a reality

jim

Jim,

I have seen several "specialized" pool cue machines which is most likely good for that, but then it's just that. And the prices has been pretty beefy which has put me off.

So that's why I have been looking at a more "usable" solution where I could cut loudspeaker cabinets and do some milling of prototype parts in aluminum for other machinery.

But keep me updated and please send me some info when you know more

K

here

machine 4rth axis at www.camaster.com

jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_2088.JPG   DCP_2172.JPG   DCP_2178.JPG   DCP_2880.JPG  

DCP_2842.JPG   PICT0077.jpg   PICT0079.jpg   DCP_2089.JPG  

PICT0072[1].jpg   DCP_1899.JPG  

kent

what is beefy $$$

jim

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    what is beefy $$$

jim
    Jim,

I'm currently at work and don't have my links on this machine. I'll post you with links and prices on the custom machines when I'm back home. But if you have a look at the 2 links you posted earlier the prices they had payed for Techno was close to $22000 each which for me is so far out of reach that my wife would kick me hard in a certain place if I ever was close to think about it..(nuts)

K

its all a lot

of money on my wat to work as well will be back later

what type of work do you do?

jim

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    markings supplied by the chinese or did sparky do that ?
    kent if you get a machine with a 4 axis driver your good to go.
    jim
    G`day cabnet/Jim, I am happy to report that all cable markings were done by the manufacturer. I recall maxmachine writing that he was not happy with his wiring but ours is first rate.

Keep those photos coming - They are very interesting. That 4 axis machine from camaster looks like a ripper.

Congratulations on the hotel work. Are you fitting out the bars or accomodation areas?

You sign your name as Jim so in future i shall address you by name.

Rocket.

lobby retrofits required by holiday inn
    robert and i are runnin cabinet parts back soon
    jim

Hmm, well I thought the picture with the controller interface and the Green and Yellow wire connections was the DSP. But it could be that this board is a front end for the YAKO which may be the "big brain". However the steppers are connected to the yellow connection pads as I understand this, so I guess the A+ A- etc is either a buss connected to the "green side" or then the D-sub cable is connected to the "green side" of the circuit board that the steppers are connected to. It's not easy to distinguish the different cables on the "green" side but there is a Red,Blue,Yellow cable but no Green....
    But I guess if we had a look at the "Yellow" side of the board we could see how many wires connected. From the picture it looks like 4 (by counting the soldered stubs going down to the circuit board) but it may not be that there are 4 cables connected on the other side.

As for me, I'm just trying to figure out how this is working, simply by studying you're pictures and the data sheets on commercial stepper motors, so please take my subjective evaluation as it is; Established from the high north by studying the different "bells and whistles".

If however there is a manual available I could read, I would be happy to study it for all of us which is potentially interested in a 4th axis. In case, please feel free to drop it in a email to me (PM me and I'll send you my email adr). Is "YAKO" the controller name, I would start searching for this on the web so we hopefully could get to the bottom of this
    K
    Kent,

The DSP is the small board. The big box is one of the stepper drivers.

Page 52 of 131 242505152535462102