3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
TDM Systems Forum

Digital. Experienced. Powerful. - 100% Tool Management

Haas Mills > 115 turret fault

115 turret fault

Hi Guys,

I have a 2000 Mini Mill that I haven't used in a few months so I ran my spindle run in and warm up program and when I went to do an ATC FWD it actually went backward, then I did it again and the tool changer carousel moved into position and the gate rotated open, then I got the 115 turret fault error. I cleared the error and did a ATC RWD and it worked, then did again and it stalled again with the gate open. It seems to work every other tool location. It does not want to move forward only occasionally. Haven't done what the error code suggested: parameters 60 and 61, relays K9-12 and fuse one. Before I try and move forward can anybody shed some light? Thank you.

I would disregard the comments about the parameters.
    I would, however, suggest looking at the relays K9-K12 as they are a wear item. If those look good fine, check the brushes for the turret motor, the one that rotates to the different tool positions. Also, check the limit switches next to the turret motor to see if they are sticky since you will have access to them.

Hope this helps.

It sounds a bit like the microswitch that detects carousel rotation is sticking. This one is a bit awkward to get at but one crude attempt to get it working is to spray the inside of the toolchanger with methyl alcohol (from Home Depot) this will soften coolant residues then you wash it down with a spray of water, hot if possible.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Well I checked fuse 1 and relays K9-12 and there all fine. Are the micro switches your referencing right under the cover on top of the turret, where the motor is. They look like there about 2 inches square and are perpendicular to each other?

Yes, those are the switches that I am referring to. One of them is triggered when the carousel is at postition 1 and the other switch is triggered when a pocket is in the correct position for a tool change.

It is easiest to remove the whole assembly to inspect the switches. Engage both of them to see if they are sticky. You can also look on the diagnostics page of the control and watch that they both toggle between 1 and 0.

While you have it out, check the brushes on the motor as well and maybe even blow out the carbon dust.

Hope this helps.

It turned out to be the accessible micro switch. I manually tripped it a number of times and that seemed to do the trick.