Page 2 of 2 12

Re: I need help choosing the first machine

Quote Originally Posted by 4NG3L View Post
    Variant 1 (4060, Z range 100mm)
    Spindle Kraissmann 910W
    Rails: SBR20
    Motors: NEMA 23
    Y-axis - single central motor
    Thank you everyone, I went with this one, but with a slightly different, bigger version 6090-200 SFU, it uses ball-screw instead of lead screw on all axes, and it's bigger, but the price was not that different so I decided if I ever want to try building my own one or upgrade it - I'll need a bigger machine to machine it. It It also has an increased travel on Z axis (200mm). I also ordered a mechanical Z-Probe with it. They said I can later order all the upgrades they have for it separately, also they said it can be made with linear rails for some extra cost, but I ran out of money so I decided to go with SBR for now and convert it to linear later if I need to. Also they said they use double Y drives only for their bigger models, so I assume the single one is fine for now, I can upgrade it myself later if I feel the need, I'll have a machine to make all the necessary mounts for it))

I already ordered it and they're manufacturing it for me (they don't have any in stock, that's one of the ways how they're able to keep the price this low), it will take them about a week or so to manufacture it and then they'll send it with a postal company because their manufacturing is located in a different city 1000km from me. If anyone is interested to see how it goes please let me know, I can post an update here once I receive it.

So it arrived about a week ago.
    Here's my first cut with it.
    I've already crashed the Z axis while setting it up , good thing it has low torque steppers.
    So far I'm happy with it, the build quality is pretty decent.
    Future plans: Add proper spoil board (this one is too flexible and too low), tram it, add dust vacuuming, build enclosure, upgrade spindle, replace steppers with servos, upgrade Y axis with double motors to remove play on the sides, replace SBRs with HGR.

One thing I don't like about Mach3 is it can only jog 1 axis at a time, is there any way around it (without buying more stuff, I'm happy with the laptop for now)?

Thank you for your help so far.

Hi Angel - I'd recommend you do not upgrade the machine but build or buy another one once your through the learning curve with this one. Take the SBR to HGR, the stack height is different so everything associated with the rail has to change. So have a Great New Years holiday, make lots of sawdust or swarf, look at Knighthawk/Commander vs Mach3 as its up to date and work on that Biz Plan... Its the year of the Dragon which means be bold and joyful...Peter

Dear friend We are Shan Shu CNC, a Chinese CNC router manufacturer with 16 years of experience in production. If you have any CNC router needs or wish to learn more about our machines, You can contact us by email, our mailbox address: [email protected],WhatsApp:+8618963437113. We look forward to providing you with high-quality and cost-effective equipment and services

Page 2 of 2 12