Register for free
Login Register
TDM Systems Forum

Digital. Experienced. Powerful. - 100% Tool Management

Excitech routers > Excitech Cnc Router Purchase - Page 53
Page 53 of 131 343515253545563103
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2602
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    G`day cabnet/Jim, I am happy to report that all cable markings were done by the manufacturer. I recall maxmachine writing that he was not happy with his wiring but ours is first rate.

Keep those photos coming - They are very interesting. That 4 axis machine from camaster looks like a ripper.

Congratulations on the hotel work. Are you fitting out the bars or accomodation areas?

You sign your name as Jim so in future i shall address you by name.

Rocket.
    There can be problems with the Chinese Wiring.

I helped another AUS customer recently who's machine arrived with a misconfig in the spindle wiring- essentially an active output from the inverter connected directly to earth.

Lucky he had the machine properly grounded and that the inverter protection was kicking in when he tried to start the spindle or it could have been potentially very dangerous.

Interestingly the level of support from the factory was totally unnaceptable. After numerous unanswered requests for help the best they could offer was 'send the inverter back for reprogramming'.

Clearly there was nothing wrong with the inverter- fact is machine was DOA and if machine not checked for spindle start fair to assume there was ZERO QC prior to leaving factory.

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    machine 4rth axis at www.camaster.com

jim

Jim that 4th axis stuff looks sick!! I had them install the 4 axis port and drive on my controler. (also signed the loan papers today so it is a for sure thing) but I still have to get the equipment part that turns the 4th axis material later about 1,500. I want to do some 4th axis but I better figure out how to do shape cut and 3D first!!

Bloody hell! Now i am fair dinkum packing it Jimmy.
    In just a couple of hours there is either going to be a big bang - or success.
    Maybe we will get a long stick to flick the switch on!

Rocket.

kustom

at 51 years old sick is what i get just before i puke, but in my generation older people thought "thats bad" meant "thats bad" and cool was a new word, "far out" stumped them every time and shaggin still meant dancin!!
    now hooking up ain't got nothing to do with electricity, gettin crack was a

oh well i think i get it'

i just sounded like my dad

jim

i am really loving where i can go with the 4rth axis this way

rocket

last night i watched the green mile with tom hanks

your machine will pop soon i got faith in your "sparky"

jim

ps ROCKET YOU GOT QUITE AN AUDIENCE HERE

FIRE IT UP

Jim, On the way to work now.
    Fingers crossed!
    Rocket.

Bloody hell! Now i am fair dinkum packing it Jimmy.
    In just a couple of hours there is either going to be a big bang - or success.
    Maybe we will get a long stick to flick the switch on!

Rocket.

The routed pattern in MDF sitting on the machine bed when you unpacked it should give you some confidence that it will fire up first go......

You should see your first test rout start within 5 minutes of power on.

DSP memory and/or suppied memory stick should contain some G-Code files for smallish relief engravings.

Just throw a peice of MDF on the table, load the chuck with a small conical end-mill and park the tool end somewhere above the centre of the material (450*450 scrap piece of 12mm or thicker should be fine). Press the X,Y 0 and Z sero buttons to set origin and press origin OK button. You should then be able to hit the run program button, load one of the sample G-Code files watch it run in space above the material to get a feel for the size of the pattern it will attempt to cut. You will also get an idea of where the cut will be on the material.

When your happy stop the job, move the bit back to where you would like the origin to be and this time zero Z at the surface of the material. Origin Ok, run program and enjoy.

Have fun!

rocket

Best of luck with the startup !
    Keith

Good luck with the first run rocket!

Jimmy, what sort of formats for 3D files are you looking for?

And you mentioned about spindle startup procedures for the bigger machines, is it necessary to run the spindle for a few minutes for the 0609?

I would be interested in a group by of Chinese router bits as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    of money on my wat to work as well will be back later

what type of work do you do?

jim
    Jim

Here is one "specialized" solution: http://www.alignritetool.com/cnc_router_poolcue.htm
    http://www.bludworth.com/products_and_services.htm
    http://www.uniqueinc.com/cnc_machine

The second link is for one which makes machines on demand.
    All machines do most likely a excellent job, but for me this is as mentioned a little to special.

My work is not related to mechanics at all, it's a Engineer job in Electrical engineering. I do have a bad habit of diving way to deep in to subjects when I first start interesting me for something, so I hope all overcomes my whining about technical "thingys".

Jimmy, are you sure the card with the green and yellow connections is the DSP? Is the YAKO one of 3 stepper drivers for the motors it self? I kind of fell of the wagon now :withstupi
    K

Quote Originally Posted by Kent_Norway View Post
    Jim

Here is one "specialized" solution: http://www.alignritetool.com/cnc_router_poolcue.htm
    http://www.bludworth.com/products_and_services.htm
    http://www.uniqueinc.com/cnc_machine

The second link is for one which makes machines on demand.
    All machines do most likely a excellent job, but for me this is as mentioned a little to special.

My work is not related to mechanics at all, it's a Engineer job in Electrical engineering. I do have a bad habit of diving way to deep in to subjects when I first start interesting me for something, so I hope all overcomes my whining about technical "thingys".

Jimmy, are you sure the card with the green and yellow connections is the DSP? Is the YAKO one of 3 stepper drivers for the motors it self? I kind of fell of the wagon now :withstupi
    K

Hi K,

Yes, the small card (coupled with the hand controller) is the extent of the 'DSP Control system' as our friends in the East like to Call it.

You are spot on, the big boxes are the stepper drivers. There are actually 4 on the larger machines- 2 for driving the Y axis.

You haven't fallen of the wagon mate- I found it near impossible to understand any specific detail of the control system prior to being able to actually get my hands on the machine and I had a heap of e-mail corres with the factory.

Maybe I'm the stupid one ;-P

Btw- I have been trying to get the DSP manual on the supplied CD to upload here however since going to VISTA find that all I can see in explorer is the DSP directory.

Howzat- would you be able to upload the DSP manual please? I was going to e-mail to Kent but several have PM'd me asking for it so probably appropriate that it is uploaded.

Cheers,

Jimmy

no joy yet fellas. Charlie arrived a few minutes back and connected the power.
    Zip,Zero, Nothing. there is power at the machine but it will not turn on. Upon pressing a button in that is located in the control box on the lhs it would power up but he said that something is not right. He is checking everything out again.
    I look on the bright side - no bang!

may the powers that be

may the powers that be
    and the gods of cnc
    open up tonight
    and let there be light at rockets cnc

this must be bills son

editing these videos this one new

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVd7FYOpdk0&feature=related[/ame]

as well IWF show in atlanta in august

http://www.iwfatlanta.com/Home/tabid/135/Default.aspx

jim

Talking cabnet

Josh is a smart guy ! He knows g-code and Win CNC like nobody's business !
    I've also heard he's a kickin guitarist. I'd like to see one of his videos with his music on it. Looking forward to seeing you and Bill tomorrow.

Stay with it ROCKET!! We're cheering for you ! :banana:

drum roll.............................................. .................................................

IT WORKS!

The Excitech cnc router -

Is a Bloody Ripper!

There was nothing wrong with the router at all. The electrician did not do the wiring correctly in the fuse box on the wall.

The Excitech cnc router -

Is a Bloody Ripper!

There was nothing wrong with the router at all. The electrician did not do the wiring correctly in the fuse box on the wall.

Time for a new thread on Exitech certified installers- LOL!

Onya Mate.

Lets see a pic of the machining precision....

Poor Charlie, he spent two hours scratching his head and checking wires only to realise what he had done.
    in our exuberance to try it out thise morning, HE plugged it into the power point that was for the vacuum pump.Problem was that it is wired up differently to the router!

Jeremy ( my son ) is having fun navigating it around the table. He is catching on real quick.

Now i am going down to get a carton of Crownies to celebrate.
    It is 41 degrees celsius here today.

Thankyou all for your words of encouragement.

Photos coming tonight.

Rocket.

Poor Charlie, he spent two hours scratching his head and checking wires only to realise what he had done.
    in our exuberance to try it out thise morning, HE plugged it into the power point that was for the vacuum pump.Problem was that it is wired up differently to the router!

Jeremy ( my son ) is having fun navigating it around the table. He is catching on real quick.

Now i am going down to get a carton of Crownies to celebrate.
    It is 41 degrees celsius here today.

Thankyou all for your words of encouragement.

Photos coming tonight.

Rocket.
    Yep, that will do it- I'm guessing there was no neutral available at the VAC pump outlet. Charlie ran a seperate 4 wire feed from a motor start breaker at the board for the machine only. VAC and extraction only need three wires, I did the same config when I put mine in.

Btw- don't leave your stubbie sitting on the Gantry.....

Page 53 of 131 343515253545563103