586,055 active members*
4,376 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > tree knee mill issues

tree knee mill issues

just picked up this mill pretty sure its a 77-79 it has 2 axis nc control which doesn't work at the moment and my never again I think the issue there is the microprocessor and I have no clue on that old thing. I may switch the controls on it or convert to 100% manual its tight so id be ok with that. But first I would like to test the servos and drives so I know where I stand before deciding. The drives are the nc121f servo drives and there is no info on them I can find does anyone know for sure what the input signal is on these any help would be great and if anyone knows where to start on the controls that would be nice to. on that note when I power on some of the leds and 0's light up on pendant and manual says power down if certain code doesn't appear and repower after 30 sec and it will appear but that's not what mine does haha. mine comes up with different sets of leds and 0's lit up everytime no e code what so ever

Re: tree knee mill issues

You got any pics or a Model #? Is it one of the early Journeyman series?

Don't know if the pics are working

Quote Originally Posted by jerm316 View Post
    Don't know if the pics are working
    Looks like a Journeyman 200.
    Was this recently on Ebay? I have this same mill, but gutted the compoouter due to its non-fuctional state. I'll PM u the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by KC130LOADIE View Post
    Looks like a Journeyman 200.
    Was this recently on Ebay? I have this same mill, but gutted the compoouter due to its non-fuctional state. I'll PM u the manual.
    It may have been I deal with a surplus company that does also deal on ebay. I buy machines and clean and fix them up and resell to make money to get a shop goin and recently got into cnc and this nc machine thanks I appreciate the help I'm gonna test the drives today I may just gut it and sell it as a manual mill but want to see where I'm at on the electronics first. I have the manual for using the controller but it has no wiring or anything but programming in it

Re: tree knee mill issues

I just uploaded all of the publications (That I know of for the Journeyman 2uvrc to vintagemachinery.org

Search the manufacturer index for Tree, select Tree Too & Die Works Racine, WI, and you should see Tree Journeyman manuals.

Good luck