588,323 active members*
4,999 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
FANUC Forum
Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Miyano MTV-C410 Crash and throwing tools

Miyano MTV-C410 Crash and throwing tools

So our machine got crashed and busted a pod on our ATC
    Since this occured the other pods have started throwing tools or the changer has alarmed out when trying to change tools. My thinking is that the drawbar or fingers that retain the pull stud were damaged or moved out of place. Does anyone have info as to what the proper lengths are for the drawbar in the spindle. I haven't been able to find this info online so any help would be appreciated. The holders for this machine are BT40 with a 45 deg. pullstud.

Re: Miyano MTV-C410 Crash and throwing tools

Finally found an old manual buried out back with all the unused machines and was able to get the knockout distance corrected to what it should have been......out by about 60 grand after the crash. This fixed the problem. So to help anyone else in the future who may encounter this issue. Here is the fix I used. Drawbar length from the spindle face keys to drawbar surface should be between 77.3 and 77.7 mm on MTV c410. Make sure this is measured when spindle is in position that ATC will index. Use the step function on ATC to accomplish this. On the top of the spindle column there are two bolts holding the stop in place and it is adjusted by a set screw. Put an indicator on the front face of the portion of the column you will be moving and then loosen the bolts to adjust the setscrew. Moving the setscrew in will adjust the drawbar down. Recheck to make sure you measurement moved into spec and tighten the holding bolts back up. Should be good to go.

Re: Miyano MTV-C410 Crash and throwing tools

Hello,

i have the same machine, and searching for mechanical and electrical documentation.
    Can you provide me your documents?
    Thanks,
    Atila.