586,624 active members*
2,488 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
FANUC Forum
Okuma > Okuma LU 15 Program stopping

Okuma LU 15 Program stopping

Hey guys,

I've got an Okuma LU15. I'm running a program to cut eccentrics on a crankshaft. The issue I'm having is the program will stop half way through. I'm using P codes to sync the turrets together, my top turret will reach one of the P codes (P0030) and wait for the bottom. Once the bottom catches up, it will continue running until it gets to its next P code (P0040). But my top turret will never start up again. I think there may be something overheating in the panel because we can shut the machine down for about 30 minutes, power it back up and it will run again for a while.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sounds like your top turret is the master and when it stops first its wating on the bottom and ok but when its the other way aorund it doesnt work ?
    Try putting a dwell so the top is always finished first and see what happens

Still doing the same thing even with a dwell. We've seen another symptom that we can't explain. After running for 30 minutes or so, the cycle time of the machine will increase. So it's actually taking longer to cut the part. Could it be something mechanical? Encoder? Ball Screw?

Thats not an easy one to awnser with no alarms
    I am almost 100 certain that its a hydraulic turrent clamp and the hydralic sytem could be faiding with heating up and not allowing the turret to clamp as fast or hard enough to comfirm the index
    Could be the fan for chiiling the tank -the oil could have lost its visccosity!!!-----------Does the whole cycle time get longer top and bottom as knowing this would narrow it down to maybe the top turret index and clamiping time changing ?--if its only one turret getting slower change out the clamping valve