586,089 active members*
3,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
FANUC Forum
Okuma > I purchased a Preowned Okuma MX-45VAE, it hae a trouple with the Spindle

Angry I purchased a Preowned Okuma MX-45VAE, it hae a trouple with the Spindle

Need experts advice for a couple of issues for Okuma 45VAE, its controller OSP 700M
    I connected the machine few days back to make ready for action, hence, i am having trouble with few points

1- Machine Interfase in Dutch, if anyone know how to change the interface to English will be Great Help. (I have the original OS Desks available with the machine.)

2- the spindle.
    its running few minutes then Alarm Thrown "VAC Overloaded", I checked connections Fans wiring etc.. all looks perfect. Not sure if the climate have any thing to do with this, whether in my country extremely Hot even with air conditions temperature do not go below 35c inside my place.

do anyone have a spindle manual, need to take out the spindle motor. looks the thermostat inside the motor defected. I am receiving continuously Alarm 1057 A Spindle Motor overloaded.

I replaced the PCP IO board and still the same Problem, in addition, once sped set >250 RPM motor is not reaching to the specified speed. looks motor also defected.
    Unfortunately, No Okuma service in My aria, I have to remove the motor and send it abroad for repair.

if any one can help with the Spindle assembly manual

Angry I purchased a Preowned Okuma MX-45VAE, it hae a trouple with the Spindle

any expert can help to change the Mori Seiki machine interface to English.

Re: I purchased a Preowned Okuma MX-45VAE, it hae a trouple with the Spindle

I can change language öf your MX45VAE.
    If you are interesting PM me
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

Re: I purchased a Preowned Okuma MX-45VAE, it hae a trouple with the Spindle

1. Take care to level the machine properly. You will save a lot since you reduce wear of guideways significantly. And this is the wy to reach good accuracy.
    2. Re-adjust ATC after the leveling. Simple to do and you will save a lot preventing your spindle nose againsta damage.
    Questions:
    1. Do you have the blue box with installation disquettes? Is it just Dutch or is English as well?
    2. Do you have the OSP Data Management Card?
    3. Have you the ( paper books ) manuals?
    4. What is your tool shank?
    Concerning suspicious spindle. Check the spindle run-out. Radial shuld be about 1?m.
    I would check the mechanical condition of spindle first.
    Concerning the ambient temperature. Shouldn't be the root cause in my opinion. Check your spindle cooling system.
    Post note:
    You are on the right path addressing this chat
    Congratulations!