586,076 active members*
3,740 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
FANUC Forum
EnRoute > Enroute 5.1 - Knife Not cutting in the center of DXF line

Enroute 5.1 - Knife Not cutting in the center of DXF line

We have been having issues with our oscillating knife on our Multicam CNC flat bed router. We are are cutting into 12mm PET panel using a standard round point blade with Enroute 5.1 being the software we use to nest and set up our files.

What we are noticing that the finished panel comes out slightly different in size to what we are wanting. For example, if we have a 100mm x 100mm panel to be cut it cuts out at 101mm x 101mm. If we change the toolpath direction we get 99mm x 99mm. We cannot work out why the knife is not cutting centrally to the line rather than on either side of the line.

Suspecting it is a setting in Enroute rather than having to do with the machine itself. I could be wrong though.

The knife is setup as an 'endmill' and we define this toolpath using the 'engraving.'

Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Enroute 5.1 - Knife Not cutting in the center of DXF line

What size of endmill have you defined ? See if it takes a very small diameter ie 0.10mm

Maybe an endmill is the wrong choice ? It may have a "drag knike" in the selection list.
    What about "offset" settings using a -ive value, to make the cutter closer to the part line.

The size of the endmill was 0.1mm then we changed to 0.001mm still having issues. The blade thickness is approx. 1mm but when we make it 1mm, it is even worse.

I think you are right in that the endmill may not the right choice, unfortunately a drag knife selection is not available.

Where can I find the 'offset' settings?

Quote Originally Posted by abragz View Post
    The size of the endmill was 0.1mm then we changed to 0.001mm still having issues. The blade thickness is approx. 1mm but when we make it 1mm, it is even worse.

I think you are right in that the endmill may not the right choice, unfortunately a drag knife selection is not available.

Where can I find the 'offset' settings?
    If you set up as an conical tool and use it in an engrave toolpath then your cuts will centre on your DXF line.