586,103 active members*
3,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
FANUC Forum
Fanuc > Fanuc 0T-C EPROMS and Memory. Questions...

Fanuc 0T-C EPROMS and Memory. Questions...

Hello All,

I have a new to me 1991 Nakamura TMC-15 which is currently in working order. I am interested in making copies of the old EPROMS in the control so I can have spares if needed in the future. I also know someone with the same machine who has lost their prom info, so I hopefully some spare proms will help them as well. I have several questions about this project, which hopefully people can chime in on to assist me.

First: (Assuming I back up all of my parameters before doing anything); can I safely remove/reinstall the EPROMS with the control powered down but the memory battery still connected (to possibly avoid the parameter reloading?)

Second: My memory board is a DA16B-1212-0210/12C, this other fellows machine has a slightly later 16B-2201-0101/4A board. Is there any chance that my ladder logic chips will work for his machine? Same make, model, options. If not, is there anywhere I can find the .BIN files for him?

Finally, while doing all of this, I figured I would max out the memory on my board. I have 4 memory chips and 4 empty sockets. The empty sockets are labeled with 43256C for the chips, but the 4 soldered in units are HM62256LP-12. Is there any problem using the matching 62256 modules (which I have) instead of the 43256 printed on the board?

Thank you for any assistance!
    -Sean

Re: Fanuc 0T-C EPROMS and Memory. Questions...

Bump? Really hoping for some guidance here...

Quote Originally Posted by SPGTech View Post
    Hello All,

I have a new to me 1991 Nakamura TMC-15 which is currently in working order. I am interested in making copies of the old EPROMS in the control so I can have spares if needed in the future. I also know someone with the same machine who has lost their prom info, so I hopefully some spare proms will help them as well. I have several questions about this project, which hopefully people can chime in on to assist me.

First: (Assuming I back up all of my parameters before doing anything); can I safely remove/reinstall the EPROMS with the control powered down but the memory battery still connected (to possibly avoid the parameter reloading?)

Second: My memory board is a DA16B-1212-0210/12C, this other fellows machine has a slightly later 16B-2201-0101/4A board. Is there any chance that my ladder logic chips will work for his machine? Same make, model, options. If not, is there anywhere I can find the .BIN files for him?

Finally, while doing all of this, I figured I would max out the memory on my board. I have 4 memory chips and 4 empty sockets. The empty sockets are labeled with 43256C for the chips, but the 4 soldered in units are HM62256LP-12. Is there any problem using the matching 62256 modules (which I have) instead of the 43256 printed on the board?

Thank you for any assistance!
    -Sean
    First, you should always turn main power to machine OFF before removing/replacing EPROMs. Use a EPROM puller, don't try to remove with anything else as you may easily break a connector. In my time (close to 30 years) working with FANUC controls, I've seen only one EPROM go bad, generally they last for many years. We made ladder changes often and burned them to EPROMs, always worked unless a chip had been damaged during removal or installation. So my suggestion is that you really shouldn't need to have back-ups, just have the data on the chips backed up always.

Thank you for the info above. After shutting down the main power, is it ok leaving the memory batteries connected to keep the parameters alive while playing with the eproms?
    Thanks again!
    -Sean

Yes, you should.

Appreciated!

Any insight on the different memory chips or where to find .BIN files for my friends machine?
    -Sean