588,490 active members*
4,512 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
HAINBUCH GMBH - Banner
HAINBUCH GMBH Forum

SPANNENDE TECHNIK

Dyna Mechtronics > Anyone using a G 540?

Anyone using a G 540?

I am just setting up my G 540 with my Dyna 3000. I do not know the leadscrews pitch or the reductions on the steppers. I do know that the rapids are slow so far. I might try increasing my kernel speed and see if that helps. Any ideas?

Your problem is probably not the kernel speed. Based on what you said I am pretty sure your steps per inch are incorrect. Check out this video to see how to get them right.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkO5tc-jSxw"]YouTube- Improved Mach 3 Axis Calibration[/ame]

Thanks for the link. At the time of the post I was still running my controller on 24 vdc. I still have quite a bit of set up til it will be trusted. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fastest1 View Post
    I do not know the leadscrews pitch or the reductions on the steppers.
    Lay a ruler on the screw and count the threads within an inch. Multiply that by 2000 for a preliminary Steps per inch setting.

CR.
    http://crevicereamer.com
    Too many PMs. Email me to my name plus At A O L dot com.

CR, all of the screws are enclosed in cylindrically collapsable covers. I have not bothered to remove them. All of the axis are covered. The manual should be here this week so the specs will be provided then. Also then there will be a diagram of the machines assembly. I was happy to see it move. It is moving much faster now. The original question regarding kernel speed was because with the combination of a geared reduction on each of my steppers (this is also the bearing support for the screws).