588,281 active members*
5,297 visitors online*
Register for free
Login Register
HAINBUCH GMBH - Banner
HAINBUCH GMBH Forum

SPANNENDE TECHNIK

Deckel, Maho, Aciera, Abene Mills > Deckel FP5NC (Dialog 4) - Machine reference position reset

Deckel FP5NC (Dialog 4) - Machine reference position reset

Hi people!

I recently purchased a Deckel FP5 NC (with Dialog 4). Got it to my small shop, plugged it in, made some moves on manual and everything went ok.
    However, from time to time the machine would freeze and "V" sign would come up next to the X,Y or Z axes. Made some research and found out that the linear scales had to be cleaned up. I did that, replaced the gaskets, put them back on the machine and now everything seems ok, except for the fact that the machine has lost its reference (Home) position. (If I try to reference the machine on any axis, I only get the highlighted R mark. And that is it.)

What is the procedure for resetting the home position for this machine? (after cleaning the linear scale)

Thank you in advance!

Re: Deckel FP5NC (Dialog 4) - Machine reference position reset

V can be physical contamination of the scales or an electrical issue with the scales, like a fatigued cable.

The homing procedure is as follows:
    1-Switch to Mode 3
    2-Press the desired axis "+" button, that axis will now show an R at the DRO
    3-Press the "Cycle Start" button on either the operator console or the remote pendant
    4-The selected axis will rapid to the Reference mark and reset the DRO counter for that axis to 0

The reference/home position is established by a marker on the glass scale

Re: Deckel FP5NC (Dialog 4) - Machine reference position reset

Hello!
    Thanks for the answer!

However, the problem was related to how I put the linear scales back on the machine. Unfortunately, you need to be very precise when putting back the scales.

The procedure is as follows:
    1. Align the linear scale in correspondence with the axis of the machine using a dial indicator (You should not have a difference bigger than 0.3mm at the ends).
    2. Make sure that you have a gap of 1 mm between reader head and linear scale (use a shim to set the gap).
    3. After you power up the machine move the reader head in the vicinity of the Reference mark (around 100mm from one the ends of the linear scale). For X is on the left side, Y is in the front side and Z is on the lower side.
    4. Home the machine on each axis. If it is not working redo step 3. It worked for me.