587,535 active members*
3,276 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam pricing

Mastercam pricing

Does Mastercam ever offer discounts or special pricing. I am thinking about buying this product but I need a discount or free upgrade to get the boss to go for it. We are looking at mill and lathe products.

Where in the states are you ??
    You'll need to find a reseller near you.

PEACE

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/cg...fx&s=noprofile

You should take a gander at this thread.

Beware of software piracy

The PracticalMachinist forum has a member with the alias "pi" who is an admited software pirate. If you buy "cracked" software from him, you will not only be breaking the law, you will be buying a product without any support whatsoever.

"pi" is a machine operator in a shop in Rockford Illinois, and is currently the subject of a Federal prosecutor who is currently collecting information for a Federal copyright prosecution.

Normally, Federal prosecutors won't do anything unless there is a complaint from a "damaged party". Pi was good enough to take the bait and put our software on his "web", which made me an interested party. Very convenient, I would say. I filed my complaint the next day.

Just wanted you to know what's going on behind the scene.

Just to be clear I did not post to link to Pi....if someone wants a cracked version of MC they can find it a lot easier than going through Pi.

Sounds like the thread starter wants to stay legit anyway or he would not be asking....

I was referring to the pricing info contained in the thread.

Nervis1: Thanks for clearing that up. If you've been reading the Practical Machinist forum, you may have noticed that I've taken "pi" to task several times for his illegal activities.

Unfortunately, it's fairly easy for someone like pi to bypass the software dongles used by most of the CAD/CAM vendors. They add a bit of code to "simulate" the presence of the dongle, then they're willing to "share" a copy of software that's licensed to someone else. pi likes to brag that all this "cracked" software is on "his hub", which you must pay money to join.

As a side note: It's frequently possible to buy a copy of MasterCam (or any other software for that matter) from the original purchaser. The software may be an older revision, or the owner may just want to switch to something else. Software licenses are frequently transferrable, but you must first read the licensing agreement to be sure. That may save a lot of $$ when trying to buy an expensive CAD/CAM system. I highly recommend that you stay on the good side of MasterCam, so you can get service and support if you need it.

Dan I am well aware of the issues with you and Pi, leave all of that over at the PM board please.

Mastercam was running a special. If you bought mill you could get lathe for half off. I dont remeber if you had to buy level 2 or 3 to get the discount. I have just bought X mill level one. I have used lathe and mill for years and I wouldnt use anything else.

Rickyt, what you might be finding is if you add Lathe to your mill seat you save over 50% compaired to a standalone seat of mill and Lathe.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

i knew it was something along those lines.

If it's something management needs, cost is not a problem, when a machinist needs it, it's like pulling teeth. If Mastercam lowered the cost a bit, more people would buy it and they would make more money. I have been using it for 3 yrs and think it's great. I'm still learning new stuff.

MasterCam ??

Hey Guys,
    I'm new to Cad/Cam and was looking around and found this, I don't want to infringe on copyright laws or beat anyone out of their money, Does anyone know can this be legit? Is it pirated or what? The price seems unbelievable which concerns me.

Thanks
    chollopeter

Mastercam

You know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. If you want a discount then look on ebay. I'm sure someone that bought it and don't use it would love to sell their seat.
    If it ain't broke, give me a secound!

That site is selling illegal software, you are not buying la get by any means.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thanks, I didn't think that could be legit
    chollopeter